SkyQ second hand box

GerrySwe

I know Sky own these and you have to send them back when your contract ends.
I need a box to get me terrestrial TV as I can't fix an aerial into my TV.
There are plenty of boxes for sale but will it work if I buy one?

If you cannot use an aerial and need to use the dish it's freesat you are looking for. The problem you have is that sky q uses a different lnb on the end of the dish and it has to he replaced to use the standard Linux box for freesat.

If you cannot use an aerial and need to use the dish it's freesat you are looking for. The problem you have is that sky q uses a different lnb on the end of the dish and it has to he replaced to use the standard Linux box for freesat.
Are you sure they change it ? As i installed an octo on mine and the sky guy left it on when i had skyQ and it worked fine
As for the Sky Q boxes@GerrySwe you need to send em back or they charge you an old sky box will work to get you freesat channels but if memory
Serves me correctly you need a viewing card that is paired to that box to view……….could be mistaken tis been a while.
Buy a freesat box or a freesat compatible TV or even better a viark box…..your call mate

A dedicated Freesat box is your best option Old sky boxes and Sky Q will need a viewing card for recording or like it has been said a good E2 box would do the same

Are you sure they change it ? As i installed an octo on mine and the sky guy left it on when i had skyQ and it worked fine
As for the Sky Q boxes@GerrySwe you need to send em back or they charge you an old sky box will work to get you freesat channels but if memory
Serves me correctly you need a viewing card that is paired to that box to view……….could be mistaken tis been a while.
Buy a freesat box or a freesat compatible TV or even better a viark box…..your call mate
They have changed the lnb becsause it wont work on a Sky + HD box. I'm told however that the lnb will work on a freesat box

They have changed the lnb becsause it wont work on a Sky + HD box. I'm told however that the lnb will work on a freesat box
On most freesat boxes it won't work unless the freesat box supports wideband lnbs the same as sky q.

Alex, let me know how you get on please
My contract with Sky doesn't end until November 1st - so I have a while before swapping.

You could always get whats called the "Sky Essentials" package, this is £5 a month, and is the freeview only channels, however you can record, pause, rewind those channels as well as still having the use of the catch up aps, Netflix, Amazon, youtube etc

I've read mixed reviews about that freesat recorder also which puts me of

I took skyq out of the house for the mother in law a few years ago and she has never looked back using Freesat it took a little time to get used to using it but all good now i used a old quad LNB for the Freesat box

Back