droidsticks wizard :)

I had a droidsticks box and returned due to price. Need the wizard because I cannot seem to find the addon superchillin that was the best.

---------- Post Merged at 08:33 AM ----------

I had a droidsticks box and returned due to price. Need the wizard because I cannot seem to find the addon superchillin that was the best.

It took me a while

Hi guys i can't get the droidsticks wizard to work can someone tell me how to install

I saved to a stick and managed to install in m8 box and smartphone.With the stick in the usb Go to addons - external - find the drive then select zip file named droidwizard
It takes a while to install then unplug the power and when you power up it should be installed. Hope this helps.

Hi, just for everyones information, I have been using the Droidsticks wizard now for several months and todate found it to be excellent, I have even just bought another box T8 from droidsticks based on my experience, however I have today learned in version 2, they will not be offering support to any customers who do not have a static IP address. I believe most customers would be on dynamic IP addresses as supplied by their ISP; unless of course they are a business. This is very disappointing as for me I will only be able to use their wizard twice as after that by username and password will be blocked. My IP address changes every day when Vodafone reboot their servers to refresh them. Has anybody and comments on this.

The skin droidsticks use isn't compatible with Gotham and kodi. Aeon nox is the skin. Anyone know how to get an updated version and edit it into the file?

i tried this but couldnt find the wizard on my usb, what format does the usb have to be? cheers

---------- Post Merged at 10:05 PM ----------

ok so i finally installed from USB. now when i try to use the wizard and get the m8 main addons, it says download failed, is it down at the moment or am i doing something wrong?

Hi
Just to share my issues regarding new Wizard from Droidsticks.
I am with BT Internet so I have a dynamic ip address - BT do NOT give static addresses ie. dynamic ip addresses change from time to time.
I contacted Droidsticks because it seems their wizard only works with static ip addresses - in other words if your ip address changes more than 2 times then you will be blocked from receiving updates through the wizard.
I have received replies from Droidsticks but are all rubbish !! They do not seem to know what I am talking about and simply tell me to ask the Internet provider to give me a static ip.
I cannot do this as BT will NOT give static ip addresses to residential people only business Internet customers can receive static ip's.
I am sure there are many Droidsticks customers who have the same problem as me and will be unable to update because their ip address will have changed more than 2 times ???
This could be the problem why people cannot use the new update wizard ??
Thanks

Droidsticks wizard

Hi

I have experienced the same issue, I'm with vodafone; fortunately VF will give static IP addresses to residential customers but at extra cost, I have just changed mine to static, I went through several discussions with their support but got nowhere with them and reluctantly had to setup a static IP address with VF. I pointed out to them that many people would be having the same problem but it fell on deaf ears. Final reply stated sorry but thats it we will not offer support to any customers who have a dynamic IP address. I even asked if there was some way of tying the username and password to the devices mac address to avoid this issue.
In reality if you have a dynamic IP address your wizard will be blocked within 2 days; this is because most ISP's reboot their servers to refresh data every 24 hours.

I am sure that many of their customers will be complaining about this issue in the weeks that follow the introduction of version 2 of the droidsticks wizard.

Hi
Yes Droidsticks certainly have not thought this one out.
Just another point - if we reset the hub a new ip address is assigned so yet another situation where the new wizard will log another ip.
I think Droidsticks should be made to point out on their website and ebay that the new wizard will only work with static ip addresses.
Cheers

Droidsticks wizard

Hi,

Yeah good point, every hub reset with a dynamic IP will result in a new IP address, hopefully they may rethink their attitude when the complaints start to flood in, before this I would have recommended them as their wizard takes away a lot of the manual configuration; but now I'd say people should be using droidbox instead.

Hi All
Just a quick update.
I have received a reply from the CEO of Droidsticks regarding the new Wizard update.
Anyone with a Dynamic IP address will NOT be able to use the new Wizard and that's that !!!!!
Unless you have a static IP (IP that does not change) you are stuffed !!
Very unfair and I have pointed out that Droidsticks should make this clear on their website and ebay.
Make the most of your updates at present cos when new Wizard is live we with Dynamic ip's are DEAD.
Cheers

Very unfair. I can't see the logic behind it. People will unknowingly buy it only to find themselves stuffed later down the line. Plus droidsticks will miss out on loads of sales.

Back