EPG help please

DingoD

I need some help please guys with my EPG on my edision mini.
I set it up so at 6pm my auto bouquets update. At 6.30pm my EPG updates. All works great until I switch the box off for the night.
The next day absolute nothing on my EPG until I obviously do a search or it automatically updates at 6.30pm.
I have a 128gb stick in the back but why won't it save to stick and remain until I turn the box on ?

What am I doing wrong or is there a way of setting up automatic EPG updates immediately when the box is switched on ?
Thanks

I set it up so at 6pm my auto bouquets update. At 6.30pm my EPG updates. All works great until I switch the box off for the night.
The next day absolute nothing on my EPG until I obviously do a search or it automatically updates at 6.30pm.
I have a 128gb stick in the back but why won't it save to stick and remain until I turn the box on ?

What am I doing wrong or is there a way of setting up automatic EPG updates immediately when the box is switched on ?
Thanks

Could be due to few reasons.

1) Backup everything on the USB
2) Format it fully as FAT 32, reinitialise the USB on the box and covert to ex4.
3) Add swap manager if you wish of 256 MB. Then download the EPG to the stick...

If problem continues upon launching the box, then:

4) You may be best trying EPG Import if CrossEPG isn't working for you which should work just as good setting provider as Rytec UK XMLTV.

Updates are done i believe at @ 4am daily.
You are therefore 12 hours behind and hence the reson they are not changing.
Change your times to am daily instead and you should find problem solved.
Also leave the box in standby for this all to work.

Updates are done i believe at @ 4am daily.
You are therefore 12 hours behind and hence the reson they are not changing.
Change your times to am daily instead and you should find problem solved.

So from what you are saying I can never turn the box off at the wall ? I don't like the idea of leaving electrical items on when in bed or out. Does that mean I'm doomed ??

Thanks

Is it openvix that your using

Thought so it does it on my duo2
I fix it by using openatv then you can turn it off as much as you like I use internal flash for storage works fine

Think it's missing from openvix
But in openatv u have it in crossepg settings
20170227_191846.jpg

I have a backup image for os mini if you want it
Do u know how to get your server details off the box before u do a reflash

Last edited:
wont let me upload to site
http://www.filedropper.com/osmini
Autobouquests 28.2 by Lraizer set to Ireland and set to update weekly.
If you want to change local area.
prees green button,then press ok on autobouquets E2.
then press menu on remote, change local area to where u want, then green button to save.
then run autobouquest green button.
It's has MGcamd 1.38 pre-installed.
N lines should be FTP'ed to /usr/keys/newcamd.list
C lines should be FTP'ed to /usr/keys/cccamd.list
I've added skyNEW Skin by Chabs along with Picons from oktus.
thanks to all who made this possible.
ftp username and password
root/dreambox

wont let me upload to site
http://www.filedropper.com/osmini
Autobouquests 28.2 by Lraizer set to Ireland and set to update weekly.
If you want to change local area.
prees green button,then press ok on autobouquets E2.
then press menu on remote, change local area to where u want, then green button to save.
then run autobouquest green button.
It's has MGcamd 1.38 pre-installed.
N lines should be FTP'ed to /usr/keys/newcamd.list
C lines should be FTP'ed to /usr/keys/cccamd.list
I've added skyNEW Skin by Chabs along with Picons from oktus.
thanks to all who made this possible.
ftp username and password
root/dreambox

Thanks very much. I'm away from laptop at minute, will I be able to still download it from file dropper tomorrow or will it vanish ?

So this will change it from openvix to openatv ( not that I understand what either is ?!) but more importantly this will allow me to use the force EPG reload on boot option so it should solve my problem ?

Thank you

Regarding the EPG, I would recommend you don't save it in your internal flash. The EPG file has a tendency to corrupt, this you do not want happening in the flash memory.

My EPG loads at boot 95% of the time using OpenVix and my box is set to go into deep standby every night.

Yeah mate should do the EPG
Not sure how long it stays on file dropper if one of the mods can upload it to this would be great as it says file is to big

Thanks again, I'll download it tomorrow and give it a go.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the EPG, I would recommend you don't save it in your internal flash. The EPG file has a tendency to corrupt, this you do not want happenijng in the flash memory.

My EPG loads at boot 95% of the time using OpenVix and my box is set to go into deep standby every night.

No I have it set to HDD but don't leave my box in standby on a night. I turn everything off at the wall hence it not updating.
Hopefully with hedges help I'll get it working.

Back