EPG help please

if you download the latest one which is the bottom one then extract to your usb and then see if it flashes with the usb.

if you download the latest one which is the bottom one then extract to your usb and then see if it flashes with the usb.

Thanks agin. Please be warned that once that's flashed ( or should I say if ) I will have to ask you for help with stage 2 or set up/image etc

usb is a q-connect and I use a 320gb hard drive that goes inside the box.
the front usb is taking out and the hdd is sitting on top of the card reader its cable tied to it and connected to the usb inside with a external hdd connector

- - - Updated - - -

is the usb you have not working?
do this start the box with the usb in it let it start up.
then initial it then give it a reboot then when it starts again ftp across my osmini to media/hdd.
then turn off box then restart it see if that see's the update

Last edited:
the front usb is taking out and the hdd is sitting on top of the card reader its cable tied to it and connected to the usb inside with a external hdd connector

- - - Updated - - -

then initial it then give it a reboot then when it starts again ftp across my osmini to media/hdd.

So to confirm initialising the stick is.....

Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on.
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Exit all

Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Blue to create 256mb. Wait
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.
Hold power button on remote for 3 secs and select Restart (not GUI)

Then I know how to FTP the file.

forget this part
Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.

- - - Updated - - -

forget this part
Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.

Thanks again. Ill give that a go tonight when I'm home. I never thought about mounting the stick as I just thought it was recognised as soon as I plugged it in ?!?! Oops !

forget this part
Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.

Well unfortunately it still hasnt worked.

I know for a fact it will be something I am doing wrong and not what you are telling me so I thank you very much for your time trying to help me but I'm just going to have to concede that if I want an up to date EPG i'm going to have to manually download it. Its hardly a major problem.

Thanks again for all your help.

Well unfortunately it still hasnt worked.

I know for a fact it will be something I am doing wrong and not what you are telling me so I thank you very much for your time trying to help me but I'm just going to have to concede that if I want an up to date EPG i'm going to have to manually download it. Its hardly a major problem.

Thanks again for all your help.

sorry you couldn't getting it working mate

Last edited:
Back