EPG Help

Hi hoping I can get some help with EPG setup.

On my E2 box I used JediStreamMaker to create the bouquets - all working well.

I then used JedIEPGMaker and tried assigning a single channel to the provider EPG source, which is of the format:

xmltv.php?username=xxxl&password=xxx&next_days=7

hen I go into EPG importer, I go to sources, ensure my provider is checked, then yellow to import active sources - but 0 events are imported. If I go back one step and then try yellow again to manually import "No active epg sources found, nothing to do"

If I try to open the url in my browser I get data being returned, albeit unformat and too big for the browser to process.

If I change the sources to Rytec, it imports around 40,000 events but the EPG is empty!

Any ideas?

Hi hoping I can get some help with EPG setup.

On my E2 box I used JediStreamMaker to create the bouquets - all working well.

I then used JedIEPGMaker and tried assigning a single channel to the provider EPG source, which is of the format:

xmltv.php?username=xxxl&password=xxx&next_days=7

hen I go into EPG importer, I go to sources, ensure my provider is checked, then yellow to import active sources - but 0 events are imported. If I go back one step and then try yellow again to manually import "No active epg sources found, nothing to do"

If I try to open the url in my browser I get data being returned, albeit unformat and too big for the browser to process.

If I change the sources to Rytec, it imports around 40,000 events but the EPG is empty!

Any ideas?
Once you've told epgimporter to use your iptv epg, you have to press green (not yellow)
Then press exit.
Then import epg

I've tried that also, green to save, it then goes back one step, I click blue to go into sources again and then blue again for sources to confirm my selection has been saved. I then try yellow again and same result.

I've tried that also, green to save, it then goes back one step, I click blue to go into sources again and then blue again for sources to confirm my selection has been saved. I then try yellow again and same result.
That's because you're doing it wrong.
Once sources are chosen with the tick .
Press green to save.
Exit.
Then press yellow to import.
You cannot import while you are in sources menu

I've opened sources - checked that my sources are ticked, green to save and then back to first screen yellow button "manual".

Result is the same - 0 events imported

I've opened sources - checked that my sources are ticked, green to save and then back to first screen yellow button "manual".

Result is the same - 0 events imported
Ok, well I've never used or tried jediepg plugin, only ever used jedimaker so this is how I normally do it.
Install jedimaker
Tell it to use provider epg
Go to epgimporter, choose my provider in epg sources, save and import.

Not sure what you mean by 'adding a single channel to epg source' in jediepg.

It looks like you are trying two methods of getting the epg which is confusing things

"Not sure what you mean by 'adding a single channel to epg source' in jediepg." - this step is from JediEPGMaker - you can assign channel to specific EPG sources but I think it might be overkill so I removed that plugin and have done as you have. I am beginning to suspect it is a problem with the providers EPG feed.

"Not sure what you mean by 'adding a single channel to epg source' in jediepg." - this step is from JediEPGMaker - you can assign channel to specific EPG sources but I think it might be overkill so I removed that plugin and have done as you have. I am beginning to suspect it is a problem with the providers EPG feed.
Quite likely, have you had this provider epg working before in jedimaker?

How are you adding your m3u url and does you m3u ends in ts. I have attached full install instructions for Jedimaker Xtream if it is any help to you.
I use bouquet maker Xtream which is the latest release which can download from the plugins menu and install instructions are pretty much the same as Jedi.

Attachments

• Enigma 2 Jedi Maker Xtream Install Instructions.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 11
Thanks - I have tried Jedi and also the new BMX to create the list, my url ends:

output=ts&type=enigma22_script

The supplier has showed me screen shots of the epg working on an android box, something is not in sync, I suspect ids of channel s or something similar....

Thanks - I have tried Jedi and also the new BMX to create the list, my url ends:

The supplier has showed me screen shots of the epg working on an android box, something is not in sync, I suspect ids of channel s or something similar....

Delete this off: &type=enigma22_script
So that it ends: output=ts
Then try it again

only bits of information you did not say it was from a script, I thought your iptv was working according to our discussion and playlist was getting epg_id's when you checked iptv files in epgimport folder
do as @pabloescaban said you playlist should look simmilar to this:

Code:
http://your.iptv.com:8080/get.php?username=user&password=password&type=m3u&output=ts
or
Code:
http://your.iptv.com/get.php?username=user&password=password&type=m3u&output=ts

if you have port number i,e, 8080 just change that to suit your

Last edited:
Ok I tried with a fresh attempt, I deleted everything from the BMx folder and epgimport.

I uploaded playlist.txt to BMX folder and ensure the url ends type=m3u&output=ts
I created a playlist with a single category/folder
I then tested IPTV, all works fine but epg is empty
I go into EPGImporter - select the new source created by BMX, save, then yellow "manual" button.
0 events are imported

If I look in the EPGImporter folder there is a channel list xml created by BMX:

<channel id="bbc1.uk">1:0:1:2:697a:5987:1:1:1:1:http%3a//example.m3u8</channel><!-- UK| BBC 1 FHD -->

Presumably that id of the channel must match or reference my channels?

Ok I tried with a fresh attempt, I deleted everything from the BMx folder and epgimport.

I uploaded playlist.txt to BMX folder and ensure the url ends type=m3u&output=ts
I created a playlist with a single category/folder
I then tested IPTV, all works fine but epg is empty
I go into EPGImporter - select the new source created by BMX, save, then yellow "manual" button.
0 events are imported

If I look in the EPGImporter folder there is a channel list xml created by BMX:

<channel id="bbc1.uk">1:0:1:2:697a:5987:1:1:1:1:http%3a//example.m3u8</channel><!-- UK| BBC 1 FHD -->

Presumably that id of the channel must match or reference my channels?
yes as said before it is getting you epg_id's from playlist just epg is not downloading if mostly UK channels in epg importer select items in Rytec UK XMLTV you can also select other entries that may help in Rytec General or even other countries if you have them .
also here is image of general setting for epg importer you can change to suit , but make sure you have:
Load EPG olny services in bouquests set to NO
and
Load EPG only for IPTV channels set to NO

You can also reduce number of days

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    445.5 KB · Views: 6
I did already try Rytec instead of and as well as provider.

When I do use Rytec is imports around 40k events - but they do not populate in the IPTV EPG :)

Back