EPG Help

Zgemma H.2s, OpenATV 7.2
So any more info do you have path setup for epg i,e, menu>setup>epg>epgsettings are you saving to internal Flash or do you have hard drive or usb mounted if so save epg.dat one of them if possible.
Also I think you should perhaps try a test from one of the suppliers on here to see if that pulls in epg then that will let you know for sure it is still supplier.

EPG is set to save to the flash usb drive - I set that up myself. I need ot try the suggestion above of loading epg cache, if that does not owrk I am happy to try a test of another provider.

EPG is set to save to the flash usb drive - I set that up myself. I need ot try the suggestion above of loading epg cache, if that does not owrk I am happy to try a test of another provider.
you do not need to load epg.dat if it is saved to usb if you reboot gui or reboot device it will load one point I do not think the h2s will play some of the newer streams

Confirmed the epg.dat file is located in media/hdd

If I open the file I see the following an an example:

2nd ODI 2005 j[c‘ MLeng FDocumentary And Factual, News And Current Affairs â•‘ S10E10 â•‘ Subsnø°7_ MReng LColchester: Jodie â•‘ Competition Reality, Cookery â•‘ 2013 â•‘ GB â•‘ Subs,ÚÂ؉ MNeng HColours Everywhere with Blue; Pajama Party with Blue â•‘ S1E16 â•‘ Subs &^ M:eng 4Thank You â•‘ Children's â•‘ S1E5 â•‘ 1997 â•‘ Subsnò M9eng 3Season 2023 Best of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia 2023=î§Ë¡ M|eng vThe Land Giveths and Takeths â•‘ Reality, Documentary, Adventure, Outdoors, Natural World â•‘ S12E8 â•‘ 2020 â•‘ Subsn³ôèA M engBBC Regional News; Weather (ž M1eng +Race to the Golden Gift â•‘ S6E12 â•‘ Subs5óW/U M

I'm not sure if those are encoded chars in the file?

Note that I only am able to import events when Rytec is a source (88k). When I remove Rytec and just enable the BMX source (my provider) 0 events are imported - 100% the case.

Regardless, with the 88k events imported, if I reboot the book EPG is completely empty, the now/next and the full epg accessed via the remote button.

Confirmed the epg.dat file is located in media/hdd

If I open the file I see the following an an example:

2nd ODI 2005 j[c‘ MLeng FDocumentary And Factual, News And Current Affairs â•‘ S10E10 â•‘ Subsnø°7_ MReng LColchester: Jodie â•‘ Competition Reality, Cookery â•‘ 2013 â•‘ GB â•‘ Subs,ÚÂ؉ MNeng HColours Everywhere with Blue; Pajama Party with Blue â•‘ S1E16 â•‘ Subs &^ M:eng 4Thank You â•‘ Children's â•‘ S1E5 â•‘ 1997 â•‘ Subsnò M9eng 3Season 2023 Best of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia 2023=î§Ë¡ M|eng vThe Land Giveths and Takeths â•‘ Reality, Documentary, Adventure, Outdoors, Natural World â•‘ S12E8 â•‘ 2020 â•‘ Subsn³ôèA M engBBC Regional News; Weather (ž M1eng +Race to the Golden Gift â•‘ S6E12 â•‘ Subs5óW/U M

I'm not sure if those are encoded chars in the file?

Note that I only am able to import events when Rytec is a source (88k). When I remove Rytec and just enable the BMX source (my provider) 0 events are imported - 100% the case.

Regardless, with the 88k events imported, if I reboot the book EPG is completely empty, the now/next and the full epg accessed via the remote button.
Those aren't epg entries, they are vod descriptions, every one of them has S6E12 or S8E4 this is a giveaway.

I've never had to enter an epg url in any plugin, the plugin makes it itself from your m3u, you just put your m3u in playlists.txt and that's your only input.
You tell jedi or bmx to use your provider epg and the plugin creates the url.
All you need to do then is choose your provider in epgimporter sources

Do my finding indicate if the problem is the format of my providers EPG or some mis-configuration in the channel IDs that I might be able to fix?

Do my finding indicate if the problem is the format of my providers EPG or some mis-configuration in the channel IDs that I might be able to fix?
If you tried another provider and his epg loaded straight away, this means it's your original providers epg at fault.
You said his epg has never worked?

If you purchased it from someone on this forum you could have had site admin help you get to the bottom of it but considering you bought it without a working epg I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

You've tried every suggestion offered by everyone here and nothing has worked, - your provider has no idea what he's doing, so anything you change isn't going to work.

If you got it from someone random on the Internet then this is what you get

EPG has never worked, provider only confirmed it works on boxes running Android.

"If you got it from someone random on the Internet then this is what you get" - err how would buying a stream on this forum differ and be any less random than buying it elsewhere? There are no guarantees I'm just curious to get to the bottom of the issue.

EPG has never worked, provider only confirmed it works on boxes running Android.

"If you got it from someone random on the Internet then this is what you get" - err how would buying a stream on this forum differ and be any less random than buying it elsewhere? There are no guarantees I'm just curious to get to the bottom of the issue.
If you buy from someone here, the admin team will force your provider to fix it, refund you or give you a different line that works as its should.
If the epg only works on android then that may be your only option, get a £40 firestick or other cheap device and use that for iptv. Once you are actually watching something, you wouldn't know which device it was coming through

So I managed to get the EPG working, I can't say for sure what I did to fix it but I did install the Dorikmod version of EPG Importer, I also uninstalled my JediStreamMaker plugin then deleted the bouquets created within BMX and then re-created them.

Thank you for the help.

So I managed to get the EPG working, I can't say for sure what I did to fix it but I did install the Dorikmod version of EPG Importer, I also uninstalled my JediStreamMaker plugin then deleted the bouquets created within BMX and then re-created them.

Thank you for the help.
ok well if any problems jedimakerxtream and bmx only official epgimporter supported by there developer you could have given him you line to check.

Back