EPG issues with OpenATV after restart

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
I restart the box and all the EPG's are blank and when i go on the channels only that name shows for that channel and some cable one's don't even show so was wondering what the fix would be?

Thanks

These are the only settings i can see that affects it in egg, settings

View attachment 18749

View attachment 18750

Hows the backup going?

I am not liking OpenATV anymore. Issues i've experienced are:

1) It slows down even with swapfile manager at times at 2GB's. The memory being used from looking at cacheflush varies from 40% and reaches to 80-90% at times.

2) I also get channel delay issue sometimes when you stay on channels for long. (I deleted metrix, vskin from plugins but still slows down)

3) In EPG graphical view not all the listings show when i navigate through them. Some area's are showing blank on sports channels. (cable sports channels)

4) Subtitles are not as good can't add a black border on them like i could with OpenVix. I increased the border width but still isn't good and can be hard to read sometimes.

So i'm going back to your OpenVix backup soon as it's more simpler whereas OpenATV has more problems in my opinion.

Last edited:
The memory issues you where having on vix aswell have you tried another storage device?

I haven't had delay apart from what i mentioned before changing from sat to vm.

Epg is always full for me.

You could try automatic refresh to yes and automatic save to yes.

On crossepg configure try force epg reload on boot

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The memory issues you where having on vix aswell have you tried another storage device?

I haven't had delay apart from what i mentioned before changing from sat to vm.

Epg is always full for me.

You could try automatic refresh to yes and automatic save to yes.

On crossepg configure try force epg reload on boot

Alright i'm gonna purchase a new storage device. Please can i ask which one you are using i.e what company?

Alright EPG seems to have fixed now.

I have enabled that thanks.

I use a maxam 500gb hard drive had it for over 2 years never had any issues with it. I cant remember where I brought it from. You can just try a usb stick for the time being to see if that is the issue

At the moment 48.95% used it does seem to use up more memory than vix but nothing major

At the moment 48.95% used it does seem to use up more memory than vix but nothing major

I have a seagate 3.0 1TB connected before so gonna try a Lexar 128 GB USB.

Do you know the max storage capacity an SD card on the Zgemma can take? (must be 128 gb)

May order one of these.

Back