EPG Problems

Your provider should have been the first port of call before you asked in the forum.

Not sure what you mean by you'd rather not 'pay for' XE plugin?

I thought it was something I'd set it up wrong, that's why I asked in the forum.

Regarding XE, I meant that I used the XE plug in to create a playlist and get the EPG via that.

I thought it was something I'd set it up wrong, that's why I asked in the forum.

Regarding XE, I meant that I used the XE plug in to create a playlist and get the EPG via that.
If the xe plugin works ok WRT the epg, why not just use that instead of jedimaker, there's not much difference between them

If the xe plugin works ok WRT the epg, why not just use that instead of jedimaker, there's not much difference between them
No that is just a cop out better to keep trying to find out what the problem is we all like choices rather than being tied to only one option.

No that is just a cop out better to keep trying to find out what the problem is we all like choices rather than being tied to only one option.
It's not a cop out.
The goal is to watch TV programmes and have a working EPG, however that is achieved is irrelevant, it's pointless to go on a quest and enter a full scale battle in order to get to that point, take the easiest route

It's not a cop out.
The goal is to watch TV programmes and have a working EPG, however that is achieved is irrelevant, it's pointless to go on a quest and enter a full scale battle in order to get to that point, take the easiest route
It could be something as simple as provider does not update epg untill later on had it my self usa provider could be at say 8pm.

or it could still be settings in epg importer example load EPG only services in bouquets normally is set to no and Load EPG only for IPTV channels set to no

as for XE I do use an editor myself to add missing epg_id data just prefer not to be limited as to what plugins I use :smiley:

Last edited:
Looks like it is at the providers end. Supplier was excellent and tried to fix the problem over TeamViewer and gave plenty of time to the cause. He knew his way around the box but unfortunately it is still not working but does work (as it always has) on android stuff.
It will work, as I mentioned, if I use the XE plugin but this is not what my supplier uses and it was only me who used the playlist editor in XE to get the EPG. Supplier looking into it and hopefully a positive outcome is forthcoming.

Can you try xstreamity plugin?

This uses a different method for epg that might give the provider an idea of what's happening if that works.

Can you try xstreamity plugin?

This uses a different method for epg that might give the provider an idea of what's happening if that works.
This was suggested by my provider and I'm going to give it a try when I get a few minutes. I'm currently on family duties :sneaky: but I'll update the thread when I've tried it.(y)

Anyway, due to me having such a lovely time here and getting some tremendous help from you chaps, I've now upgraded myself to a TK Supporter. Thanks to you all. Long live TK.

This was suggested by my provider and I'm going to give it a try when I get a few minutes. I'm currently on family duties :sneaky: but I'll update the thread when I've tried it.(y)
I'm not sure it is the provider, if it works on Android and also on other enigma2 plugins (XE) then it points to something on your image or jedimaker setup.

Congrats on your fancy new yellow badge (y)

I'm not sure it is the provider, if it works on Android and also on other enigma2 plugins (XE) then it points to something on your image or jedimaker setup.

Congrats on your fancy new yellow badge (y)

Yes, this is why I asked on the forum as I thought id dropped a bollock somewhere with how I'd set it up and my experience is quite limited at the moment. My provider said that his EPG is working fine but he is using an earlier image.

Thanks for the congrats! 😀

Yes, this is why I asked on the forum as I thought id dropped a bollock somewhere with how I'd set it up and my experience is quite limited at the moment. My provider said that his EPG is working fine but he is using an earlier image.

Thanks for the congrats! 😀
You haven't said what storage is in use, if using a SSD, there's been a few mentions recently of these having problems storing the epg for some reason.
When did it stop working?
Did you change storage device?

Just using a bog standard lightly used hitachi 500gb drive that I think was out of a PlayStation. I had considered using a flash drive to store it on but surely it would pull the data and then store it and you should be able to see how many events you’d got before it was stored? I’m getting 0 events.

It had only stopped working when I changed lines with my provider.

Just using a bog standard lightly used hitachi 500gb drive that I think was out of a PlayStation. I had considered using a flash drive to store it on but surely it would pull the data and then store it and you should be able to see how many events you’d got before it was stored? I’m getting 0 events.

It had only stopped working when I changed lines with my provider.
I always store EPG.dat to mounted usbflash drive but there are different opinions on best place to store it. At one time it was not adviced to store on flashrom but tI think that was due to flash rom storage restictions on older devices.

When I first started using Jedi I entered my XE playlists in to jedi using filezilla (etc/enigma2/jedi playlist) and I got no epg but when I entered my XE m3u url my epg works absolutely fine . I have had this on quite a few boxes so it must be some sort of issue with XE playlists. Try adding your m3u url instead of your playlist url. And you can add it multiple times so you can set 1 as Live tv, 2 as vod movies, 3 as tv shows and so on. I just use Jedi for my live tv now and use xstreamity for my vod and catchup as it works really well. Hope this helps

When I first started using Jedi I entered my XE playlists in to jedi using filezilla (etc/enigma2/jedi playlist) and I got no epg but when I entered my XE m3u url my epg works absolutely fine . I have had this on quite a few boxes so it must be some sort of issue with XE playlists. Try adding your m3u url instead of your playlist url. And you can add it multiple times so you can set 1 as Live tv, 2 as vod movies, 3 as tv shows and so on. I just use Jedi for my live tv now and use xstreamity for my vod and catchup as it works really well. Hope this helps
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll give this a go. I always wanted to use jedi for live and xstreamity for VOD as I think it works a lot better than using one for all.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll give this a go. I always wanted to use jedi for live and xstreamity for VOD as I think it works a lot better than using one for all.
I was a die hard XE user for years and it has been ok, but one issue I had was XE never gave me full usa epg but Jedi does.. Which is strange because I am using the XE epg in jedi (work that one out) so there is clearly some issues with XE.

that should have been reflashed, but thats autocorrect (+wine), i guess.
I did mention that I also use an editor to add epg_id and sort playlists to my own liking it is called ITVEditor it can output xtream codes login and m3u works great with jedimaker and xtreamity

Back