EPG update stopped working

welshnut

Anyone having EPG update issues?

Not been able to update mine for 4 days or so.

Says reading channels then goes back to update EPG.

for me if the GMT is switched OFF EPG download doesn't work and just reboots the box, but when it's ON it works everytime... try that

Just done a factory reset, flashed September firmware, added blade channels. Re formatted the USB drive.

Still just says "reading channels" for about 15-20 seconds then just goes back to "update EPG" but doesn't install.

Thinking my box maybe faulty ?

Updated a BM7000s yesterday without any issues.

Don't know if the "blade online" function uses the same server, they are definitely
two different types of file though.

What you are describing sounds like they online function is down at the mo for the BM5000s

It usually it goes down for a few days when they are working on a new set of channel lists.

Maybe someone can post a working channel list for you to load by USB until
the online function comes back on.

Last edited:
Channel list is ok. Its just my EPG update is failing.
My sister has one of these boxes and she says its working. (Although I haven't seen it for myself)

Then there will be work going on in the background somewhere on the file.

It will come back online, it won't be a fault at your end, it's "usual"
it will happen from time to time.

My epg isn't doing a fresh download either.
that's the first in 8wks or so that I've had issues.
Hopefully it's resolved soon.

Oh dear,oh deary deary me,hope you get a fix soon,the F5s owners are still awaiting there fix for there broken EPG,camon China get a fix sorted NOW

dont have one of these but query if your epg is crossepg as my vu solo2 also had a blank epg and setto daily download,manually updated ok.

I am having the same issue - it just freezes at the reading channels part. Tried a factory reset too...any other suggestions?

yh mines off again factory reset doesn't solve it im afraid think it means they are doing work on it

It's strange some channels are coming up but none of the movie channels - will try again in the week.

Hi guys, somebody better can probably correct me but the EPG doesn't come from Blade, it comes from the satellite.

At least on BM7000 the epg download is a channel that has data on it.

I guess its exactly the same on BM5000. I've got both boxes but they do it differently (EPG is working for me on BM5000 by the way).

Try deleting the crossEPG folder on yer usb or formatting it.

Maybe the folder got messed.

EDIT: Just re-read some of the posts and you guys are confusing the channel update files on Blade Online with the EPG.

Channel files come from Blade
EPG comes from yer satellite.

Hi guys, somebody better can probably correct me but the EPG doesn't come from Blade, it comes from the satellite.

At least on BM7000 the epg download is a channel that has data on it.

I guess its exactly the same on BM5000. I've got both boxes but they do it differently (EPG is working for me on BM5000 by the way).

Try deleting the crossEPG folder on yer usb or formatting it.

Maybe the folder got messed.

EDIT: Just re-read some of the posts and you guys are confusing the channel update files on Blade Online with the EPG.

Channel files come from Blade
EPG comes from yer satellite.

not sure mate what I do know when it's working for everyone else it's working my end as well, only thing is with mine I have to make sure the GMT is switched to ON for it to work, currently it seems to be down

Back