EPG update stopped working

So I finally got a reply from Blade about EPG problem, they've had no complaints about it so far apparently.

Read below

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

We have not had any reports of problems at all from users that are using September 2014 or May 2015 firmware.

We have emailed all our dealers today to check with them if they can report any problem whatsoever using recent firmware and we await their response.

The data feed is sent from Astra satellite on a transponder frequency, it is not a Blade function. It is an Astra function. Is it possible that your dish signal is weak on this data stream? Data streams are always on low power transponders.

We have tested for one hour here on test data stream and it has worked 100% of the time. For firmware from before September 2014 it will always fail because Astra changed the format of the data stream to new version.

When we check forums we find that users were using old firmware and after upgrading they reply with success.

When our dealers have replied to our requests we will reply to you.

Kind regards,

Blade Media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mines been working non stop for a while.

I factory reset my box downloaded the official (without 9991) September 2014 version from Blade website on to my box.

Then factory reset it again and put the September 2014 patched FW from this site on

I'm fairly sure I have copied Bees guide to the letter... and I had to do a reboot a few months ago.
Blade have had to do updates a couple of times in the past month or so. They posted a comment on Facebook saying so and after that, the EPG works for a week then problems occur again....

hi . i'm fairly new to this game . my 5000s no longer downloads the channel list via blade online - when u press the blade on line button from the menu it just freezes the box . also the epg no longer downloads . i have july 14 firmware and would like some help how to get the latest firmware on the box to try and fix these issues . any hepl would be appreciated .

thanks

Back