ET8000 causing internet issues?

Pudding

Hi all,
I upgraded to an Xtrend ET8000 box a couple of months ago - managed to set it up using guides on this forum (thanks to all who post them!) and all has been working fine until last week. Such an improvement over my previous V8S box!
For some reason it has started scrambling - I have managed to work out how to restart the mgcamd thing which sorts the problem but then when I turn it off the ET8000 my broadband crashes. I have to turn the box off at the back and then turn my router off and on again in order to get my broadband up and running again. Sometimes I need to do this twice in order to get the wifi to work. And then when I want to use my ET8000 the cycle starts again...

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be happening and how i can fix it?
My setup is:
BT Infinity with Homehub 5
Xtrend ET8000 connected to homehub by ethernet

This is my first enigma 2 box so if anyone does have any ideas about how to fix things then step by step instructions would be very handy as I don't really know my way around. Which shows how good the guides on here are if an idiot like me can successfully set the box up in the first place :)

Thanks!

As the ET 8000 is a gig lan you need to make sure you plug the ethernet cable into the correct lan socket on the back of the router. I think there or four plugins on the hub5, but there is only one which is a gig lan, should be labelled GIG E. plug the ethernet cable from your box into that and hope that should sort your problem.

Hi leader - thanks for replying and thanks for recommending the ET8000 in the first place, am very happy with it! Just checked and all 4 of the lan sockets on my hub5 are gig sockets

which mgcamd or you using. press blue button select softcam manager should have a number to the side of the cam.

or all your channels scrambled, (black screen) now, or is it at busy times when footy on.

Never turn your box off completely, just put it in standby or deep sleep.

Last edited:
Was scrambled when I turned it on to check the mgcamd version so i stopped and restarted the mgcamd thing and it is working again now... Did anything change with any versions of anything last week that I need to update? Everything was working fine on the 14th Feb but not on the 18th the next time I used it. Thanks

nothing as changed to affect your box. did you put a mg_cfg file into usr/keys with your line.

Sorry just seen the comment about turning the box off - I usually leave it in standby. I only turn it off when I have to reset my router as that seems to be the only way to get the router to work again. All very strange!! Does it sound like my hub5 is dying, or BT blocking something? Thanks for all the help :)

Yep thats correct.

with n lines they have a keep a live setting. usually set for 60mins. or you finding that the channels or scrambled more often when the box as been viewing fta channels (BBC1, ITV) or is it when turning from one scrambled channel to another.

---------- Post Merged at 11:44 AM ----------

pm your email address and I will send you a new mg_cfg file which I know is fine.

It is normally scrambled when I turn the box on - once I get it up and running it stays unscrambled until I turn the box off (standby). I don't use it for FTA generally, only really turn it on to watch scrambled channels. Am trying to find the L thing in the mg_cfg file - I've opened it in notepad, is that correct?

Exciting..... :)

---------- Post Merged at 11:57 AM ----------

Pudding, there was a bootloader issue recently actually that affected your internet even if hardwired...are you on the latest VIX update? I had to get a file from Xtrend via WOS but but they added the fix to the latest update or it was maybe the one before. Just another option...

Thanks for the file - received! Have transferred it over but still having the same problem - restarted the box and channels were scrambled until i restarted the mgcamd thing. On the plus side, my broadband hasn't died yet....! :)

---------- Post Merged at 12:04 PM ----------

I am on whatever Vix version was sent with my box in early December 2015, or whatever the box has automatically updated... Should I look for a vix update from WoS?

Well I got mines in Dec too and I needed the fix! My internet would cut out from the box(hardwired) and even a reboot or hard reboot wasn't working - it had to be put off at the back and back on. Was annoying as anything! See how you get on with the mg_cfg file as the latest updated from VIX isn't as simple update OTA. It was build 033 that had the fix. See if you're on 032 by pressing setup, information I think it is?

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/28710799dc98a173f1d94d02972523dcf02d47d7

Back