Ethernet cable does the CAT X make a difference

Set the same static I.P on your router against the Zgemma on the LAN list as the one set on the ZGemma box and try again

Also make sure the Powerline adapter that connects to the router is switched is switched off just in case the router is allocating the same i.p to the powerline for some reason.

Last edited:
Got new cable
working fine for a while, but some channels still freeze, free channels seem fine, only when watching some others it can glitch or freeze for 30sec then ok for a minute then does it again.
checked satalite cable at back and they are fine, was really hoping the cable, straight from router to zgemma box would solve the problem as i was sure it was the powerplugs at fault.

if anyone finds a solution please post it here
thanks

When on a channel that freezes press ok twice to see the ecm times it will be numbers.your server details if it's over 300 expect glitching it means the server is over subscribed

I have a zgemma S2 box currently connected via powerline. Everything works fine apart from it freezing sometimes it will go for about an hour or two without freezing then other times it will freeze as little as every 5-10 mins. So the guy who set it up advised using a direct ethernet connection from the hub rather than using the powerlines and going through the electrical system. The box and the code are working OK as he is running the exact same box and using the codes (lines) from the same place.

So I carefully installed the cable making sure not to damage it in the process this is the cable. 30m Black External Outdoor Network Ethernet Cable Cat5e 100% Copper RJ45 | eBay which runs through the through the ceiling in the loft, outside and down and through the wall into the living room. I plug it into the back of the box and it doesnt work, the box doesnt any network connection at all. I test the cable in the a laptop workes fine with around 80mbs down and 5 up and also test in the PS4, again works fine with similar results.

So I'm a bit stumped as to why the box is not picking up the network? could it possibly be that the box will only run with a CAT6 cable? I've used a CAT 5e. I tried to find out what cables are used to connect to my powerline but Ive no idea how to tell and it doesnt say anything on the cables.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Wayne

Hi,
just thought i let you know, i reckon its the cable from seller.
have the same problem as you and order the same cable off the seller,
just to let you know cable was faulty, no connection when hooked up.
one minute it was working then dead, notice when connected led light where cable connects to was going on and off then nothing, so not a good connection, tried cable on laptop and it was the same, so have ordered off someone else, as it seems is cables are not as good as he says.

Yep, I ordered a 20m one of these from the same seller. Came 2 days ago. Mine doesnt work either. Messaged them yesterday to ask for a refund, and will order from somewhere else.

I think we have found the issue!

You don't need to order online I got mine from b and m for around £10 have a look at local computer shops or asda might sell them

When on a channel that freezes press ok twice to see the ecm times it will be numbers.your server details if it's over 300 expect glitching it means the server is over subscribed

hiya dsayers2014
i done the double click on remote when a program freezed,
it had 2700 folowed by his email address
snr 89%
agc 99%
the number 2700 would change and differant at other channels 0234, 0147, 0346, but spiked up over the 2700 up to 3600 sometimes

is this the number you were talking about? so if hes over subscribed is that what the problem will be and nothing to do with cables?

i have the package with him for 1 year, can you pm me not sure if i can ask, about a provider or do they all over subscribe?
also is it difficult or what do i need to upgrade box with new package?
as watching a movie or most channels is getting enoying when picture freezes and you miss whats happen.
thankyou

Scan do 20m cables for a fiver inc next day delivery, probably installed over a 100 of them and never had one fail.

If you having problems with the VM superhub, you can try cascading a switch off the VM hub (an old router with DHCP switched off will do) and plugging the zgemma into the cascaded switch.

hiya dsayers2014
i done the double click on remote when a program freezed,
it had 2700 folowed by his email address
snr 89%
agc 99%
the number 2700 would change and differant at other channels 0234, 0147, 0346, but spiked up over the 2700 up to 3600 sometimes

is this the number you were talking about? so if hes over subscribed is that what the problem will be and nothing to do with cables?

i have the package with him for 1 year, can you pm me not sure if i can ask, about a provider or do they all over subscribe?
also is it difficult or what do i need to upgrade box with new package?
as watching a movie or most channels is getting enoying when picture freezes and you miss whats happen.
thankyou

I'm not an expert with these things that was the info I was given bye someone else but those numbers are quite high I would contact your provider and give him the info you have to see if anything can be done

Doesn't really help to the OP's situation but ...

I am using 200Mbps (I think, certainly not much faster) homeplugs to connect my zgemma box to my router and am getting no freezing at all. Are you sure it's not a problem the line ?

I was under the impression that the data going over the network, whilst frequent, was minimal and homeplugs are more than capable of handling it.

Doesn't really help to the OP's situation but ...

I am using 200Mbps (I think, certainly not much faster) homeplugs to connect my zgemma box to my router and am getting no freezing at all. Are you sure it's not a problem the line ?

I was under the impression that the data going over the network, whilst frequent, was minimal and homeplugs are more than capable of handling it.

'Are you sure it's not a problem the line ?' Sorry new to all this, not sure what you mean Line?

thanks

Have you now fixed the problem? Was the cat 5 cable pre made? Or did you have to crimp the rg45 connectors onto the cable?

I have a zgemma S2 box currently connected via powerline. Everything works fine apart from it freezing sometimes it will go for about an hour or two without freezing then other times it will freeze as little as every 5-10 mins. So the guy who set it up advised using a direct ethernet connection from the hub rather than using the powerlines and going through the electrical system. The box and the code are working OK as he is running the exact same box and using the codes (lines) from the same place.

So I carefully installed the cable making sure not to damage it in the process this is the cable. 30m Black External Outdoor Network Ethernet Cable Cat5e 100% Copper RJ45 | eBay which runs through the through the ceiling in the loft, outside and down and through the wall into the living room. I plug it into the back of the box and it doesnt work, the box doesnt any network connection at all. I test the cable in the a laptop workes fine with around 80mbs down and 5 up and also test in the PS4, again works fine with similar results.

So I'm a bit stumped as to why the box is not picking up the network? could it possibly be that the box will only run with a CAT6 cable? I've used a CAT 5e. I tried to find out what cables are used to connect to my powerline but Ive no idea how to tell and it doesnt say anything on the cables.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Wayne

Hi,
just thought i let you know, i reckon its the cable from seller.
have the same problem as you and order the same cable off the seller,
just to let you know cable was faulty, no connection when hooked up.
one minute it was working then dead, notice when connected led light where cable connects to was going on and off then nothing, so not a good connection, tried cable on laptop and it was the same, so have ordered off someone else, as it seems is cables are not as good as he says.

Yep, I ordered a 20m one of these from the same seller. Came 2 days ago. Mine doesnt work either. Messaged them yesterday to ask for a refund, and will order from somewhere else.

I think we have found the issue!

I forgot to mention, I have a network tester so plugged this cable into it. Pin 6 was failing. Cut the ends off and fitted 2 new rj45 plugs and it was fine.

Back