external hard drive recommendations

never use portable as you will have issues like burning out your usb port,get a powered externally one.if you want to take a chance " remember who told you "

theres lots you can buy a good place to start is to look on amazon and ebay look around for prices you want at least 1tb to be worth while hope this helps

never use portable as you will have issues like burning out your usb port,get a powered externally one.if you want to take a chance " remember who told you "
I read this before but decided from day one to take the chance. I am happy to be the pig of the guinea variety and will let everyone know if my usb port does go pop. As there is no "warnings / cautions / do not's" within the documentation with my box, ZgemmaH2S, any issue within the first 12 months is covered under warranty by UK consumer law. I have just ordered a cheap USB power tester so I can see what power is being used by my drive whilst plugged into my box. I will report back.

The above may sound like I am asking for trouble but I don't want an externally powered HDD, especially for 2.5" which is tucked away nicely at the back of my box out of site.

It has been discussed in this recent box mod thread

Hi everyone. of recent im getting really jerky and freezing playback from hdd on any recorded programmes. Could this be because my zgemma s2 cant handle supplying the power for the hard drive? Had it since August and only just getting problems

Back