f5s Box v8 Box stuck on LOAD

56duke

Can anyone help me as I downloaded the new channel list from Aj sat and loaded them to my f5s and v8 box and all I have on the front of both boxes is Load. Nothing on the screen how do I restore these boxes.

Have used a different lead it powers srtaight to LOAD and is stuck on that no matter how long I plug it in or out for.

---------- Post Merged at 07:08 PM ----------

Thanks, I hope so too...

Cheers Tich, I will have to get a serial RS232 Null cable tomorrow . Do you think this will solve the problem?
Thanks for your help..

This certainly will. you will need to download the skybox rs232 tools. when you do this you will not to power the box.
the pc will pick up the box and start working and do remeber to highlight the "include bootloader". I've just sorted one out.
if you don't have serial port on your pc or laptop the get the cable rs232 to usb. should cost around 3 quid.

The F5s and V8 if original use skybox firmware from SkyBox | SkyBox do not use from other common sites.
You also need to download the two erom upgrade tools for the null cable recovery---don't be fooled into believing that one upgrade tool can be used for both boxes---this is where boxes get mismatch or corrupted.
Wish you success and have fun.
Reaper.

Cheers Guys and thanks very much for your help. Won`t get to it today but I will let you know how I get on .
Thanks again 56Duke

Where can you get a null rs232 to usb with the correct configuration as I was looking at a few on line Ebay which are male to male 9 pin and I think I need a 15 pin female for laptop to 9 pin female for f5s skybox. Anyone help me purchase one or where can I get one.

this is a serial port. 9pin female for box side and 9 pin female on pc side if not then usb on the laptop side. the 15 pin you are looking at on the laptop is a vga for additional monitor its
not the serial port. Its best to have a old pc with serial port if not try the one with usb on one side.
Like Reaper said you need the latest firmware and the tool software (the app on pc or laptop to be able to flash/upgrade firmware ) from skybox dot cc thats the site
address. Good luck

Thanks so much for your help . I will have to get a rs 232 to usb . I will post to let you know how i got on.
Thanks again

Where can you get a null rs232 to usb with the correct configuration as I was looking at a few on line Ebay which are male to male 9 pin and I think I need a 15 pin female for laptop to 9 pin female for f5s skybox. Anyone help me purchase one or where can I get one.

As samcanady says, the 15 pin connector is for connecting a monitor. USB to serial adapters simulate the connector that you would find on a pc with a real RS232 connector. You would use the adapter with a null modem (female to female) lead.

An adapter that uses the Prolific PL2303HX rev D chipset is known to work:-

Prolific PL2303HXD USB to RS232 Serial Cable 9 Pin Male for Win 7 8 - Apple Mac | eBay

along with a null modem cable:-

Null Modem RS323 Cable For OPENBOX VU+ DREAMBOX AMIKO ALIEN (S10 S11 S9 X5 x3 ) | eBay

A couple of members on here also found that this all-in-one adapter worked (no need for a seperate null modem cable):-

USB to Serial Null Modem Cable EuroVox Technomate Humax EchoStar Upgrade Lead | eBay

Last edited:
Im afraid I didnt have great luck in getting the V8 skybox and the f5s box out of being stuck on LOAD . I have tried everything in the Recovery Dead Box section above . Got the 9 pin female to female rs232 cable and sorted out the pin set up 2-3 and 5. Also have tried a different cable. It starts the procedure but dosen`t come up done after a few seconds or minutes, I have let it like that for nearly an hour will no luck. Still stuck on LOAD. Any one can help me please its driving me mad. Thanks

I have been trying to fix the box for 56duke. Used com port 1 and cant get done to come up. Tryed com port 3 and done comes up beside synchronizing STBs but under that says set stb memory error click back to try again. Any help please?

Try using a desktop pc with XP and RS232 null modem cable. Use the earliest firmware to start off and if that doesn't work, try the next etc. If one works then set the box up and then update the firmware to latest via usb key. Remember that different boxes need different erom upgrade tools.
Reaper.

Hi Guys just to let you know I sorted out the f5s and V8 boxes with a Rs 232 cable 9 pin female to female that a friend bought on amazon . I bought 2 cables, an rs232 to usb and a rs232 to rs232 and they didn`t work. The wiring of the pins on the cable that did work are s follows 1-1,2-9,3-4,4-3, nothing on 5&6 7-8,8-7,9-2. Hope this gets someone out of trouble.
Cheers again and thanks for your help.

Hi Guys just to let you know I sorted out the f5s and V8 boxes with a Rs 232 cable 9 pin female to female that a friend bought on amazon . I bought 2 cables, an rs232 to usb and a rs232 to rs232 and they didn`t work. The wiring of the pins on the cable that did work are s follows 1-1,2-9,3-4,4-3, nothing on 5&6 7-8,8-7,9-2. Hope this gets someone out of trouble.
Cheers again and thanks for your help.

Are you sure that you have those pin numbers correct? They don't follow the correct convention for a null-modem cable.

The skybox/openbox only uses 3 pins on the RS232 connector. Pins 2,3, & 5. The null modem cable crosses over pins 2 & 3, so that 2-3, 3-2, & 5-5 (pin 5 is the signal ground).

Back