Firestick with alexa

cactikid

VIP Member
Not knowing anything about them but voice commands are handy .

Question is there much difference 1080p and 4K as tv is only 1080p.

Are these blank and have to be loaded or could come plug and play.

Direct input into hdmi tv or on end of hdmi with adapter? Another box was removed and cables still there.

You wouldn’t see the benefits of a 4k firestick if you don’t have a 4k tv bud what do you mean by plug and play all you do with firestick is connect to internet sign in to your Amazon run updates and select what apps you want.
They can be plugged directly into hdmi port or you can plug into the adaptor that it comes with then into back of tv.
If you was thinking of going down the iptv route then you would need the 4k stick so it will play all codecs that’s where older generation sticks are no good

No as i have stayed away from IPTV so far .

Some users selling it as Plug and Play so assume content already loaded.

I have an Amazon account for buying but cancelled Prime.

Better ask now as tv has no internet is that uncommon or it needs a connection to run it.

No as i have stayed away from IPTV so far .

Some users selling it as Plug and Play so assume content already loaded.

I have an Amazon account for buying but cancelled Prime.

Better ask now as tv has no internet is that uncommon or it needs a connection to run it.
The firestick uses your WiFi connection, the tv doesn't need a connection.
It only needs your amazon details to register the firestick and download updates etc.

You can buy firesticks with subs loaded on them but you will pay a premium if that's what you mean as plug snd play

i`d wait for Black Friday and purchase a 4k max Firestick - it`s way better in terms of performance. You don`t have to have a 4k tv, the performance alone justifies the purchase.

If you have a 1080p TV and 4k stick you'll notice a difference.

While a 4K video displayed on a 1080p screen won't be able to show all the detail that a 4K display could, it can still provide some benefits. The additional pixels in the 4K video are used to create a more detailed image, even though not all of that detail will be visible on a 1080p screen. This can lead to a sharper, more detailed image overall. Additionally, some 4K videos have improved color and dynamic range, which can still be apparent on a 1080p screen. So, in general, a 4K video can still be somewhat better than watching the same video in 1080p even if your monitor is also 1080p.

I would have to get an international version for Ireland as many models cannot be shipped here.

Is there much stuff in 4K like on BeeTv and other aps

Yes sony 4K andriod and an onkyo and Klipsch 7-1 with no volume 😂 as hardly used.

I wanted it in bedroom with an old panasonic tv and a yamaha soundbar with sub.
This is what i wanted to use the firestick on and seen 4K max for 59euro and asked if it was the international version.

Anybody know what the difference is as amazon states its uk version and to click international version.

Yes sony 4K andriod and an onkyo and Klipsch 7-1 with no volume 😂 as hardly used.

I wanted it in bedroom with an old panasonic tv and a yamaha soundbar with sub.
This is what i wanted to use the firestick on and seen 4K max for 59euro and asked if it was the international version.

Anybody know what the difference is as amazon states its uk version and to click international version.
There's no difference in firesticks, they're all the same, probably just a euro style plug/adapter, you have same sockets as us over there?
You did when I was over there last year, just order the UK version or whichever is cheapest

They dont ship UK version to Ireland , We use the standard 13amp plug like Uk.

I see a few Dublin shops selling them but no mention of Alexa which is handy if in bed.

Viewing the Uk version has Bbc Iplayer and other stuff so that might be why no go here.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08XW8J...lwtrDsWTHkqx0EXhjK9MJ3lQ0T-YklpBrN1c0K2tRDNWs
You can install whatever you want on it when it arrives. Bbc iplayer or any other apps from around the world, that's what a vpn is for, then put a cheap iptv sub on it and watch any channels you like from anywhere in the world.
Alexa won't change channels, you can't tell it to play sky cinema comedy, it will open your iptv app/player then it's up to you, like you can tell it to open itvx app but it won't find programmes within that app

Can’t you get some one from uk to get you one and send it over to you in Ireland may make it easier for you maybe ht would do it for you if not I will grab you one and send it over 😉😉💯.

EDIT in fact I’ve a 4k one knocking around somewhere I will try find it out and if I can you can have it and will post it over to you save you a few quid/euro

generally when you see a 'fully loaded' stick it means they've put their own IPTV service on there and you're paying for it in the purchase price.

There are standard apps already installed out of the box, he in UK that includes iplayer, itvx etc, but others are easy to install via the store..

I assume it's the same over there, if you buy one from the high street it should be the same price as it is on Amazon website, as mentioned above, wait a couple of weeks until black friday, somewhere like currys (do you have pc world/currys?) will definately match the Amazon price, other retailers should as well, I tell my friends, 4k firestick if you can, especially if you have 4k tv, otherwise a standard firestick will work fine, I suggest avoiding the firestick Lite, they are cheap for a reason. I've never used the 4k Max so not sure what the benefits are.

I have the international 4k and I'm in munster. i get everything I need. I dont have 4k tv but a 50" pioneer using a denon amp with hdmi inputs. All you need is a good vpn like nord. BUT I have amazon prime with a UK address. Alexa is useful. It never dawned on me to get the UK version and I doubt there is much difference except the price.

However if the UK version is better in anyway i would be interested.

Ooops I did read there s a new fversion with more ram either released or will be soon and I would wait for that.

I have the international 4k and I'm in munster. i get everything I need. I dont have 4k tv but a 50" pioneer using a denon amp with hdmi inputs. All you need is a good vpn like nord. BUT I have amazon prime with a UK address. Alexa is useful. It never dawned on me to get the UK version and I doubt there is much difference except the price.

However if the UK version is better in anyway i would be interested.

Ooops I did read there s a new fversion with more ram either released or will be soon and I would wait for that.
It’s been released already bud

Can’t you get some one from uk to get you one and send it over to you in Ireland may make it easier for you maybe ht would do it for you if not I will grab you one and send it over 😉😉💯.

EDIT in fact I’ve a 4k one knocking around somewhere I will try find it out and if I can you can have it and will post it over to you save you a few quid/euro
4k with alexa and yes i would be interested indeed.
I do see many different models saying lite 4k max and 4k ultra and looking at the packaging have different listings and have alexa. Showtime was a thing in the past that stopped working or is this something else.
Dont want to have to use a VPN or Iptv as not needed. Mentioned HBO is interesting or is it another paid service as i GOT fan there was plenty to view.

What generation are we on now as see some are 2nd and 3rd when reading specs.

Back