firewall ps3

babs

TK Veteran
hi can anyone tell me what to do my son has just got fifa for ps3 and it says cannot connect to apponent firewall is strict.thank you.

got this from elsewhere, it seems to suggest that you make a few changes to your modem settings, not the PS3's settings
If your PlayStation 3 is operating slow, losing connection, or just not working right most of the time the chances are that you need to change some settings on your Internet router or firewall. Routers use NAT(Network Address Translation) to allow multiple devices to function behind the router as if they all have the public address that your ISP(Internet Service Provider) has provided to you. The PS3 requires various ports to be open to communicate with other users online as well as other ports to be opened to the PlayStation 3 for other games to function properly. Below I list these ports required for the PS3 to operate, ports required for certain games to operate, and followed by a brief explanation of what you need to look for in terms of configuring your router or firewall.

Please note that these ports are either going to be UDP(User Datagram Protocol) or TCP(Transmission Control Protocol) as specified below.

Ports Open for PS3
UDP:3658, UDP: 3478-3479
TCP: 80,443,5223

only thing is i dont know how to change the settings, it depends on your specific router. sounds like a job for Gman :dunno:

Back