Firmware install?

channelking

Trying to flash latest version of box.

Followed instructions and after rebooting box it just says please wait. Seems like its crashed.

Anyone any idea what to do?

Latest vix firmware.

Once reboot box no menus to.proceed it just says "please wait".

Been waiting for 5 mins but nothing happens.

Seems menus have come on after 10 mins. Odd.

Any way Could find my net id?

I remember used to be a list of net ids on here.

Vix latest.

Im Really lost Mate.

SO MANY settings not sure which to choose and what to change. So overwhelming.

Stressing me out this.

Gona through that guide mate but seems some things out of date.

With so many settings do I need to change everything and if so what best settings need to change to please?

Sorry for the stupid thick questions.

Most of it is correct and new 040 open vix should be no different as the wizard guides you through the install
netid most likely have changed to newer one,abm is on the newer one.

Couple of questions for you guys if you dont mind.

Not using internal HDD as one I have works on and off as have issues with it in past with box. Plus rarely record and aint got the money for new HDD.

1. Have 16gb usb inserted for EPG. Could I also use the stick for backup up images just in case? How big are images you backup?

2. EPG is not showing for 7 days on sly and VM. Any way can have EPG showing for channels for 7 days on both VM and sky?

3. Also any way can remove the non working channels of sly and just have the ones that currently work to make it somewhat neater channel list?

Thanks guys

Couple of questions for you guys if you dont mind.

Not using internal HDD as one I have works on and off as have issues with it in past with box. Plus rarely record and aint got the money for new HDD.

1. Have 16gb usb inserted for EPG. Could I also use the stick for backup up images just in case? How big are images you backup?

2. EPG is not showing for 7 days on sly and VM. Any way can have EPG showing for channels for 7 days on both VM and sky?

3. Also any way can remove the non working channels of sly and just have the ones that currently work to make it somewhat neater channel list?

Thanks guys
1. yes you can use 16gb stick for backups I'm not sure how big backups will be but only have 1 or 2 backups and delete them when creating a new backup.

2. Crossepg shows quite a few days you can use epgimport for 5 days on vm.

3. To remove the none working sky channels in autobouquetsmaker, providers set sky UK to your area Custom SD not hd or SD. Press left to goto Custom regions.

Any idea how to setup epg mate to have EPG showing on both sly and VM at same time for 5-7 days? Sly has not epg but VM does but only for few hours worth.

What do you mean mate for sly channels? For providers for sky I chose my location and was SD. Where is custom SD exactly?

Any idea how to setup epg mate to have EPG showing on both sly and VM at same time for 5-7 days? Sly has not epg but VM does but only for few hours worth.

What do you mean mate for sly channels? For providers for sky I chose my location and was SD. Where is custom SD exactly?

download fresh epg data, go to plugins>epg importer
press blue
make sure there's green ticks in all six categories under where it says Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV
press green to save
press yellow to import
Takes 4 minutes

Back