Firmware install?

Have epg currently set at 05:00 you advise not to have anything less than 07:00?

Wouldn't the epg update automatically or only at the time chosen?

You are overthinking things and not accepting what people are telling you. Again! Please reconsider your approach before this becomes another epic thread.

You were presented options, you didn't answer, so I picked one for you. I picked the easiest and simplest one at that. I presented the information in an easy to follow format. Pablo said the same thing as me in essence, but slightly different layout.

Reason I told you to set a time after 07:00 is that Doglover, the person who maintains the Rytec EPG, does his uploading at 06:00. If you download before that, you are downloading EPG data that is old.

EPG will download automatically, at the time you tell it to.

It's like buying bread. If you are not told which one to buy, the requester should not start moaning if they did not say which one and you bought something else.

Thin crust or thick crust? White, brown or 50/50. Hovis, Warburtons or Kingsmill or the shop brand? Or do you want one without the crust? If shop brand, do you want freshly baked or not. If you want freshly baked, do you want it cut or not? It is bread.

Don't mean to over think or ask A lot of questions.

Always get overwhelmed with things. Can't follow instructions, guides, tutorials etc well at all. Start stressing out A lot.

Will try What you said anyway.

One thing after doing this will sky and VM show 7 day live epg at same time?

Don't mean to over think or ask A lot of questions.

Always get overwhelmed with things. Can't follow instructions, guides, tutorials etc well at all. Start stressing out A lot.

Will try What you said anyway.

One thing after doing this will sky and VM show 7 day live epg at same time?

You don't need to configure anything or change settings or mess about with anything, the only thing you need to do is follow these steps, do one, when you've done that, do the next, and so on, there is nothing that can go wrong and nothing that can make a mess of anything even if you get every step wrong it will make no difference to the box
go to plugins>epg importer
press blue
make sure there's green ticks in all six categories under where it says Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV
press green to save
press yellow to import
you now have a seven day epg for virgin and satellite

He is using ViX which has the Virgin EPG reader enabled by default. If he does not disable it, the Rytec EPG will get overwritten while he watches. I should have added disable Freesat EPG too.

Internal flash memory is not the best location for EPG cache.

in that case I have no idea, never used vix, only openatv, openvix is an anomaly to me and I would advise you to follow other tutorials as the one i posted is based on openatv

OpenViX was one of the founder members of the OE Alliance.
The only patched ViX images that I know of were for early Zgemma boxes.
The OP has a Technomate which is fully supported by ViX and not patched in any way.
Don't listen to the snake oil salesmen :wink:

OpenViX is a community based Opensource project focused on developing user friendly, easy to use Linux Enigma 2 set top box software. OpenViX is created by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

OpenViX team was formed around July 2010 and originally known as the ViX Team. The Team formed by a small group of enthusiasts based on an idea by AndyBlac to create a user friendly Enigma 2 image for the VU+ Duo. AndyBlac coded the ViX core Enigma 2 that is widely used today.

At the time of forming none of team ever perceived how big or popular the ViX image would become. The original ViX name was the initials of VU+ Image Extreme.

As time went on the team started development for other brands, the 2nd brand to be supported was Xtrend, at that point the ViX name changed to Virtuosso Image Xtreme. Today the team is simply referred to as the ViX Team or OpenViX.

September 2010 the very 1st VU+ Duo ViX image was released based on VU’s Official Open embedded core, to date the team now supports many brands and over fifty different Broadcom powered Linux Enigma receivers and now uses OE-Alliance open embedded core. OpenViX is a founding member of OE-Alliance.

OpenViX was one of the founder members of the OE Alliance.
The only patched ViX images that I know of were for early Zgemma boxes.
The OP has a Technomate which is fully supported by ViX and not patched in any way.
Don't listen to the snake oil salesmen :wink:

OpenViX is a community based Opensource project focused on developing user friendly, easy to use Linux Enigma 2 set top box software. OpenViX is created by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

OpenViX team was formed around July 2010 and originally known as the ViX Team. The Team formed by a small group of enthusiasts based on an idea by AndyBlac to create a user friendly Enigma 2 image for the VU+ Duo. AndyBlac coded the ViX core Enigma 2 that is widely used today.

At the time of forming none of team ever perceived how big or popular the ViX image would become. The original ViX name was the initials of VU+ Image Extreme.

As time went on the team started development for other brands, the 2nd brand to be supported was Xtrend, at that point the ViX name changed to Virtuosso Image Xtreme. Today the team is simply referred to as the ViX Team or OpenViX.

September 2010 the very 1st VU+ Duo ViX image was released based on VU’s Official Open embedded core, to date the team now supports many brands and over fifty different Broadcom powered Linux Enigma receivers and now uses OE-Alliance open embedded core. OpenViX is a founding member of OE-Alliance.
Completely understand now mate

Back