Gaming PC Building

Not my thing so forgive me if this is insensitive, but why do gaming rigs always have to have such garish neon lights and stuff? Is it cultural or design driven? Is there any sort of opposite approach to this style which is a little more subtle?

Not my thing so forgive me if this is insensitive, but why do gaming rigs always have to have such garish neon lights and stuff? Is it cultural or design driven? Is there any sort of opposite approach to this style which is a little more subtle?
RGB (red green blue) lighting has been the trend on PC Gaming for some time. People used to customise their PC's themselves and run LED lighting inside their cases to make it look "pretty" through the side panel window
Manufacturers caught onto this and then started to produce products with this lighting, which most of the PC Gaming community loves (including myself)

Here's a photo my gaming PC
  • Intel i9 12900k
  • RTX 3080 Ti
IMG_1865.jpg

I literally thought you were OP then and reposted the same picture haha. Thanks for that explanation, still don't get the style personally though, if I was to get a gaming rig I'd want it to look pretty in a different way you know? Probably gonna get pelters but I'd prefer the look of an apple product for example.

I literally thought you were OP then and reposted the same picture haha. Thanks for that explanation, still don't get the style personally though, if I was to get a gaming rig I'd want it to look pretty in a different way you know? Probably gonna get pelters but I'd prefer the look of an apple product for example.
I actually have built a few with no rgb lighting. I prefer non rgb. I did this for a friend.

Reactions: PCM
Back