Get YouTube Premium For Less (Regions Still Working With VPN).

thebesh

TK Supporter
I watch a lot of YouTube. When I use my laptop I can block adverts using uBlock origin browser plugin - highly recommend.
However, if I watch YouTube on my phone or on my TV the adverts are there and are pretty annoying. The YouTube Premium cost in the UK is something like £11.99 a month, which is totally absurd if you ask me.

I went down a rabbit hole of using VPN to sign up through India and other countries without any success. People got this to work up until recently. It would ask for an address and I would google a local address based on my VPN location. The problem came when I went to make payment. I was using a Revolut card and I could see they would do address verification on the card and the transaction wouldn't go through. However, I found a solution.....

If you connect VPN to Ukraine and sign up to YouTube Premium it won't ask for an address OR perform address verification on the card used to pay for it. I suspect due to the conflict in Ukraine, they have disabled card address verification. The cost is something around £2 a month, which I think is a more suitable price. It is cheaper in places like India, think it's £12 for a year, but it looks like they know have got wise to people using this location.

Note: I use a separate google account for this (just in case). I wouldn't advise using this on your main account. I also have not used VPN to view YouTube after signing up to Premium and it works just fine.

Hope this helps others enjoy Premium at a sensible price (y)

LATEST AVAILABLE REGIONS

CountryMonthly Cost
Ukraine£2.12
Argentina£0.85

Last edited by a moderator:
I watch a lot of YouTube. When I use my laptop I can block adverts using uBlock origin browser plugin - highly recommend.
However, if I watch YouTube on my phone or on my TV the adverts are there and are pretty annoying. The YouTube Premium cost in the UK is something like £11.99 a month, which is totally absurd if you ask me.

I went down a rabbit hole of using VPN to sign up through India and other countries without any success. People got this to work up until recently. It would ask for an address and I would google a local address based on my VPN location. The problem came when I went to make payment. I was using a Revolut card and I could see they would do address verification on the card and the transaction wouldn't go through. However, I found a solution.....

If you connect VPN to Ukraine and sign up to YouTube Premium it won't ask for an address OR perform address verification on the card used to pay for it. I suspect due to the conflict in Ukraine, they have disabled card address verification. The cost is something around £2 a month, which I think is a more suitable price. It is cheaper in places like India, think it's £12 for a year, but it looks like they know have got wise to people using this location.

Note: I use a separate google account for this (just in case). I wouldn't advise using this on your main account. I also have not used VPN to view YouTube after signing up to Premium and it works just fine.

Hope this helps others enjoy Premium at a sensible price (y)
Yes mate currently have the same, except I went for family plan for around 3.20 a month and you can add 5 family members accounts. So realistically could ask each member for 10 quid a year and works out cheaper for everyone

Not sure if this works anymore. Tried signing up through Ukraine server on Nord and it wouldn't accept my credit card.

Has anyone had any joy using Ghost VPN? I have tried via both Ukraine and India (which I set up an account previously) and it just comes up that it cannot verify the country I am in

Have tried restarting, running CCleaner, clearing all history then going incognito in Chrome but no joy

Also tried setting Ghost VPN to india, and inviting another family member to my already set up account which is paid via revolut in Indian Rupees, however it again comes up with it cannot verify the country I am in when opening the invite link I sent to said family member

Back