getting a new box..some advice please

justblaze

After a year with the f5 and recently stepping into world of iptv ive been looking at this box.... im getting one with kodi, ts media ,on demand , slyskin/theme open vix appolo , live football,media portal...for £95 is this a decent price ????

i have a cline allready so am i able to use filezilla to add it ??? and will i have to use filezilla to add other addons like kodi zips and ruya iptv???

thanks for a quick reply... these boxes seem populor as the guy i was going to buy mine from has just sold out.... im getting one in two weeks when i get paid, so it will give me time to learn :)
Im slightly reluctant to flash it myself as it seems more complicated ... i didnt mind with the f5 as if i messed it up it was only 30quid lol

---------- Post Merged at 04:26 PM ----------

actually scrap that..... this sites never failed me yet..and after spending five mins reading the tutorial im positive i can do this myself.... i will be ordering a box and sorting it myself :) saves a few quid :grin:

I was the same upgraded from f5s i just read through this forum and pestered other members for advice and learned from them. If they didn't help I still would be stuck.

justblaze can i ask are you using ruya direct from them or through a reseller i think streaming2u.tv is the offical ruya they when used give you your account via serverVerge dedicated server where your account is hosted ive been around the block with resellers and for that little extra your service is alot better iptvgod and a few others ive tried have alot of glitching at peak times.
but my question is ruya do a setup for enigma2 "boxes Dreambox, Vu+, GigiaBlue" would the zgemma boxes fall under that section because i use kodi at the minute to view my package from ruya but would be nice to have the box to run them the service benefits more in way of on demand and so on

thanks for the replys.... im guessing im getting it through a reseller... the full lot ofpackages for 19 quid... ive got a trial atm so will see how it is satday peak times :) hes been very helpfull so far and is the one whos mentioned these boxes.. he said his app would work on them :) ..

should hopefully have the box tmorrow.... am i right in thinking i need a decent stick in the front to record, and one in the back for flashing and everything?????

Yes, the uss in teh back should stay permanently in the box (normally seen as hdd). Just make sure you set recordings to the other usb, although general advice is that a mais hard drive is better. But ry out the USB to see how you go

---------- Post Merged at 10:17 PM ----------

* the usb in the back

i set most boxs with a 16gb usb stick. just permanently in rear port. it does the flash then gets initialised. then set epg swapfile timeshift record all set to it and stays there. on my 2 they have same, just 1 in back. but theyre 500gb hdds

ahhh cheers mate...i was going to go with 16g in the back, and then 32g in the front as i wont really record much... im going to be using your new vix backup and dont mind admitting im nervous as hell about doing it lol, i just spend hours reading everything on here and it seems a lot more complicated that the f5 :(

good bit more but a set up image takes a lot of work out of it. just remember that changing settings before asking help probably isnt a good idea :)
less changes mean more chance of working to start with.
maybe while your waiting download ftp program to pc. i use dreambox control centre as easiest imho
youll need it to add line to box
but dont be too worried. as long as you dont search for, find, and flash a wrong bootloader, anything you do can be fixed in 6 or 7 minutes with a re flash :)

i use filezilla for someother stuff so ill keep to that as im familiar with it... ive allready downloaded your backup flash.. really i think all i need to add to it is ruya and my cline... one more quick think when your here,... with regards to kodi, how would i add zips to it??? this is how i imagine it.... connect to box with filezilla, see kodi folder,drop zips in there... if its that simple then im set, but something tells me it wont be that eazy

For kodi have a look. What u need might be already there. Theres a fix from another forum. Think by jensen. Already applied. But it was just copying files to the kodi directory.

Swap file is a dump file used when box is booted. Debate to whether needed on these but until I test without, im advising using it. 2 mins to set up.

thanks for the reply :) i got my box today and its flashing as we speak.... i went for the mtpockets image as i was worried about accidentaly letting my box update and bricking it lol.... hopefully next time im on here it will be to say how great im doing and not because ive messed something up lol :/

Re USBs, I've a 8gig one in the back i used to set the box up with and left in for EPG etc. i've another 64 gig so planned on using for recordings. Just stick it in the front and pick for recordings? The default file type do it came with? I can't get the recording one to go to FAT32!

I can never understand the need for 2 usbs...... Why not put EPG and recordings on the 64 in the back and use front for dl'd films etc? Just checking.

The filesystem doesnt matter if u want to initialise on box and live there.
Only thing needs to be fat32 is flash USB.

Tbh you don't want fat32 on a 8gig or more stick otherwise you'll have an issue if you record a film that is more than 4gb, fat32 has a limit of 4gb.

Back