Glitching Advice

dharvey86

Hi all

I have a H5.2TC and a Star2S That seem to be glitching more and more.

The Issue
The picture either freezes for 2 to 10 seconds then jumps into life.
The picture pixelates.

The Setup
One cable from box outside up into my bedroom into the 2S. The 2S is connected to the internet via Homeplugs.
Another cable from the box outside into a splitter - Cable A goes to my VM Router, Cable B goes into my H5.2TC. H5.2TC connected to the internet via cable into my router.

What I have tried
Giving one box priority over all devices on the network / traffic shaping
2 Different providers - all assure me that their systems are fine
A Virgin Media signal booster which I replaced the splitter with.
I have pinged my boxes IP alongside pinging www.google.com and when the box glitches both keep pinging without an issue. This for me proved the internet is fine and box boxes are receiving/sending signals without issue.

If anyone could give me any suggestions of what to try Id really appreciate it.

Thanks

Picture freezing is more than likely a line supplier issue... assurances mean nothing from providers as they will tell you anything to get you off their back.

Picture pixellating - i'm guessing this is more so on the H5.2TC?

Picture freezing is more than likely a line supplier issue... assurances mean nothing from providers as they will tell you anything to get you off their back.

Picture pixellating - i'm guessing this is more so on the H5.2TC?

Yep that happens more on the H5

Pixellation is usually more of a signal issue - are you using original V*rgin cables to connect both the zgemma and router? ... have you still got the V*rgin booster attached? ... is it the HDU 200?

Pixellation is usually more of a signal issue - are you using original V*rgin cables to connect both the zgemma and router? ... have you still got the V*rgin booster attached? ... is it the HDU 200?

It is the HDU 200 yes.

I do have a 5m non virgin cable I bought off the internet (it has screw ends). This connects my internal box to my HDU as my tv is on the other side of the room from where the cable comes into my house.

Ok, change that first - those cables are crap, i've used them previously. You're not using any other splitters apart from the HDU are you?

there's a few chaps on here will make you good quality cables with the connections on for a modest price...dave 100 is one, can't remember the other's name, simba or something like that

Take a look at my cable receiver faq thread - there's several suggestions on there in regards to pixellation.

Hi guys newbee...didn't know if I should post something on this thread or to start another thread, as my issues are closely related to dharvey's issues ?...please advise if I should have opened up aother thread!...anyways...

I m not using the satellite connection and am only using the VM (cable) input.... my issue also relates to freezing of channels but "not" pixilation...also at times the channels take ages to show on the screen when flicking through them!.... I also have the Zgemma H5.2TC unit. I have an Ipab TV version 1.3.5 running and am running my c-line through this aswel. Also I cannot record anything on the SD slot on the side. I was thinking of flashing the box with the Wooshbuild Version 6 if that will help?....please advise!

Sorry to highjack the thread but my problem is the same as dharvey's except I only have one box the H5 2TC running ATV 6.1 and my cables are original Virgin cables, I've checked the cables and they are all fine, the Sky channels work perfectly. I am certain the provider is brand new he is on this forum and has been nothing but helpful and the lines worked really well until a couple of months ago, is there anything in my settings that could be causing this ?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Sorry to highjack the thread but my problem is the same as dharvey's except I only have one box the H5 2TC running ATV 6.1 and my cables are original Virgin cables, I've checked the cables and they are all fine, the Sky channels work perfectly. I am certain the provider is brand new he is on this forum and has been nothing but helpful and the lines worked really well until a couple of months ago, is there anything in my settings that could be causing this ?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
What channels Irene?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Yeah all channels except sd 1-5 and I've rebooted everything about 20 times lol, he's not a new supplier I've been using him for ages, he's having a look for me, to be honest I trust him 100%

what did you mean...'I am certain the provider is brand new'?

Have you checked any splitters - often these are the cause of bad glitching/freezing

Back