glitching issues

edd_mcn

Got everything set up on my box. I currently have a twin sat and twin cable feed coming in. Both sets of tuners have been working fine but today I've noticed that my cable side has been glitching quite badly on all channels. When looking at the sat finder on my cable feeds it's showing the SNR fluctuating between 0% and 99%. AGR has been solid at 90%.

Anybody got any ideas?

I've also tried plugging the cable back to my tivo box and I don't have any issues with this glitching.

recheck your cable connection feeds and also try rebooting box and router to see if it improves,any outside issues posted?

recheck your cable connection feeds and also try rebooting box and router to see if it improves,any outside issues posted?

Basically it was working perfectly until Friday where a few things happened. Firstly there was a Vix update on the box and then VM started fannying about with the broad band, tv and phone lines in my area which was out until the evening. Apparently the issues have been resolved by them and the tivo box is working fine with no glitching at all when I plugged that in to check.

Things seem to have settled bow and all seems good. I took your advice and started checking the cabling etc again and I changed the adapter to the rf connection to see if that helped. I also noticed that there was some kind of white residue on the tuner input socket so I gave it a bit of a scraping to remove it and now it seems be good

white residue needs to be looked into as not right,could water be entering cable?

I dont think watwrs getting near it mate as the cable and box are well away from windows etc. Ive started getting intermittent glitching again.

Last edited:
I have the same issue mate. When im watching live football it constantly freezes and think its down to the server being overloaded from the guy who i get my line from.

I think I've finally found out what my issue has been - i think its been the rf adaptor not getting a proper connection with the cable wire. Even though I screwed it up as tight as it would go, it was still glitching and when I was chopping and changing, sometimes it would work making it intermittent. However today I noticed that on the copper coax part of the cable I was using, one end was a couple of mm longer than the other end so when I put the longer end into the adaptor hey presto! Not a glitch so far. Here's hoping that thats me as this is a crackin box and I'm now loving it with everything working.

A quick way to check your signal, but not scientific is record Sly Sports 1 HD and watch Sly Sports 2 HD or vice versa and look for pixelating, break up, freezing etc.

I'm having the same issue with my Zgemma from day one. Every HD channel is tip top apart from sky sports 1 HD and not just on super Sunday.
wish I had bought a miracle box

Right guys I could do with some help here. The pixelating has returned. Basically in order to sort this mess I've replaced my VM line directly to the box coming into my house as the VM one had a couple of joins in their cable to reach my tv. The new line that I laid sorted the problem for the past couple of days and the picture was perfect but now when I've woken up and switched on my box its returned and nothing has changed my end so surely it can't now be blamed on the cables now? I'm beginning to think that I have a tuner issue. This problem is on every channel including fta so I can't blame the server being overloaded if it's affecting these channels also. Any help would be appreciated.

Not many are FTA on cable, try your local BBC NON SD channel and see what its like as the HD ones are encrypted, did you try what I suggested earlier?

Not many are FTA on cable, try your local BBC NON SD channel and see what its like as the HD ones are encrypted, did you try what I suggested earlier?

I didn't think there was much point trying that as all my channels no matter what I was doing were doing it so they would've pixelate anyway?

Anyway god knows what's going on because after about an hour of rebooting the box, things have went back to normal and I again have a perfect picture again.

Last edited:
As you where saying its not your server as the FTA ones are doing it too, I was just making sure you know that the BBC, ITV HD etc are not FTA on cable, so if they still glitch it could be your server.

The test for signal is a quick non scientific way of seeing if your signal is the issue, by recording SLy Sport1 HD while watching Sly Sports 2 HD and and if the live TV or the recording pixelate, if they do it can be signal related and not server related, just trying to eliminate one thing at a time, as lets be honest, every server tells you its not their end lol

It's strange how it was fine for nearly 2 days on all channels and then I just went again that's why I'm starting to now think it may be the tuner or box thats the problem

Saying that, I did notice that when this problem was going on, the box was quite slow to respond when pressing the menu button etc bringing up the "vix" processing icon. Could that maybe be the problem ? The box just doing other background things causing it to lag?

Last edited:
I can't open that attachment, I have sent you the file too.

If you are having issues with memory download cache flush from plugins extensions and set it up, it keeps the box happy lol

Back