Guide How to set up the 7 Day EPG and use Timer Recording For BM5000s

hi guys, need some help. I have blade bm5000 which came preconfigured, so it was a case of plug and play. So my question is how do i see the current c or n server details?

Also, do I have to put the custom FW on or can i apply the 7 day epg update over the top? thanks in advance guys

Sorry for the noddy question............total newbie here

I like the EPG but is there a what's on now & next feature to show automatically? otherwise takes a while to load each time scrolling down my favourites list to see what's on.

hi guys, need some help. I have blade bm5000 which came preconfigured, so it was a case of plug and play. So my question is how do i see the current c or n server details?

Also, do I have to put the custom FW on or can i apply the 7 day epg update over the top? thanks in advance guys

well if it was plug and play and you are getting the pay channels then you may already have the custom FW on you're box. If you have you'll able to do the following PRESS 'Menu' on you're remote then press 9991 your c or n server settings should appear.

If that doesn't happen then you'll probably need the patched FW.

Oh and yes you can apply the epg file on top of the FW....

Thanks for the reply zee24, I applied the 7 day epg on top on the FW works sweet..........(thanks to Bees), i still cannot get 9991 to work.....................which FW patch do i need to apply?

Thanks again for your help

well if it was plug and play and you are getting the pay channels then you may already have the custom FW on you're box. If you have you'll able to do the following PRESS 'Menu' on you're remote then press 9991 your c or n server settings should appear.

If that doesn't happen then you'll probably need the patched FW.

Oh and yes you can apply the epg file on top of the FW....

Are you getting the pay channels like sky sports, movies etc? if so then you must have the patched firmware (9991) already installed.

If you are just getting the free channels then you'll need the patched firmware installed to get the 9991 menu.

Everytime you put a updated firmware on you will lose your line so make sure you make note of it.

Anyone having issues with EPG download? Mine does not seem to work anymore

if it reboots the box mid way as happens to mine try epg download in different favourite categories, if that fails try going to 'all channels' list and doing the epg download from there or the 28.2 list. If still no luck just wait an hour or two from the last time you tried it will eventually do it just takes the piss at times

Having some major issues here.
I've done this bit, "Press EPG button on the remote the Red button (EPG Download)"
I'm receiving a "no EPG data channel" message, and I seem to have lost all channels.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

go blade online to get channels back or if you saved channel list on your HD reload it, if it happens again then re install firmware

I am going to try this now, thanks for the tutorial.
Yes it works, which is fantastic news for me!!

Last edited:
Just signed up to download thanks bees and hello guys I have left the world of xbmc to have an affair with the sat world

7 day epg

Hi
New to this box.im trying to get the 7 day TV guide up.
When I'm opening the ssu file a message comes up saying"your dish/Chanel settings will be lost,do you confirm?
Help would be appreciated

---------- Post Merged at 01:08 AM ----------

I'm tryin to setup the 7 day epg,
When I'm selecting the ssu file a message is coming up saying I will lose dish/channel settings.do you confirm??
What shall i do?thanks

This is an old thread, it doesn't have to be used anymore.

When the first firmware came out it only had now and next EPG.

They then brought an "upgrade" out which gave you the 7 day EPG function.

So it had to be done in two stages in the early days.

After that the later releases where "full flash" so it included the 7 day EPG firmware
in the latest release.

So all you need to do is flash the latest firmware as in the tutorial (at this stage it's the June version)

Put a pen drive in the box,

press EPG button on the remote, then (red) download button.

That should give you your 7 day EPG. (y)

Back