Cable H2.H Picture distortion, Quality Issue when using the Internet. Help Please

poseidon

Hi guys,

I'm new here so bare with me. I have recently purchased the Zgemma H2.h and i am using my virgin media line with the cable tuner. I have split the signal (one to router/one to zgemma) and they both work.

I noticed that when i was watching a movie and browsed the internet at the same time i got a bit of a distortion. On some channels it happens without me browsing the net on my laptop, but on others its when the internet is being used.

Whats worse is that i put a file to download on the laptop and the image quality went really bad on the tv, i have attached some images for you guys to see.

img 5739 (with the rugny) is the kind of distorion i get now and again or when i open a webpage etc, the others are when im downloading.

I want to know if this is because of the splitter/ zgemma/ cables/. Is the H2 better?

i'm using openvix 4.0 from scumesse

I haven't been able to fully diagnose it my self and i was wondering if any of you have noticed something similar.

The sooner i get to the bottom of this the better as my box is still under 14 day return, so if it is better to get a different box then i might as well do that.

Thanks guys and sorry for all this write up.

Attachments

• IMG_5739.jpg
    IMG_5739.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5742.jpg
    IMG_5742.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5743.jpg
    IMG_5743.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5744.jpg
    IMG_5744.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
hi pal, having spoken by pm i think we have negated the server being at fault,

i know there are a lot of variables with cable, certainly more so than with sat.

i'll probably get shot down in flames for this but i just dont trust the h2h.

first box i used was a h2h and had nothing but problems, exact same setup using a h1 or a h2 doesn't give any problems at all.

thats just my personal experience ;-)

Hiya mate I had exactly the same problem after I changed to virmin for my broadband. See my post on the 14th. It seemed to be my splitter. I changed this to a two way and it is much improved.
I think the one recommended would be even better.

hi pal, having spoken by pm i think we have negated the server being at fault,

i know there are a lot of variables with cable, certainly more so than with sat.

i'll probably get shot down in flames for this but i just dont trust the h2h.

first box i used was a h2h and had nothing but problems, exact same setup using a h1 or a h2 doesn't give any problems at all.

thats just my personal experience ;-)

I have used the h1, h2 and h2h. got no issues at all
issue may be a local issue to do with cables/signal/line provider

have you tried a test line from someone else?

I don't need a test line, im ok for that, my point was that swapping out the h2h directly for a h2 or h1 resulted in a perfect pic using the same physical setup :-)

Hi Guys,

I take all your points on board, lamblamb i understand what you are saying, i want to give the h2h a try before i swap it.

I have a two way splitter, so i dont know if changing the splitter will help but its a chrap option to try.

I have tried two other lines and they are all the same. So you think the actual cable going into the box has any effects, it is certainly not as thick as the VM one coming from the box, so that would intefere?

I have a h2h running perfect mate no pixilation no freezing (even during ppv boxing and football) both services (sat\cable) running from one line. Have you tried eliminating the problem one by one changing each cable going to box trying the box as you change each one. I would also be trying a test line even if your server says there all fine as said i have never experienced any problems in your pics using same box.

Why is the cable be thinner?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Because it's one i bought from a shop and not VM supplied one as i only had broadband with them.

Just letting you all know that i have gone to my parents, stole their original vm cable and splitter ( 5-1000mhz) and i put it on at home and i havent seen one glitch. So maybe my problem is now solved. Now i can finally test the line properly.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

IMG_1252.jpgI would change the splitter for a decent one. recently experienced a few channels like this on my Vu+ box. When I changed back to my original virmin 2 way the picture was perfect. try using a technetix model in the 5 - 1000 MHz

hiya where can you buy one from in uk please ?
ive looked every where and i cant find any :(

Here
HTML:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tratec-ESI-02N-2-way-splitter-Coaxial-Aerial-Virgin-Media-/152072644923?hash=item23683c693b:g:HT8AAOSw3mpXI7as
and here
HTML:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tratec-2-way-coax-splitter-ESI-02N-The-Ecoline-series-Virgin-Media-Cable-NEW-/291655473700?hash=item43e8055a24:g:Pa4AAOSwa-dWj4zh

Hi, would you use this to replace the vm unit as it comes into your house ?.
My vm has cable to single unit and only one outlet which i have going to a two way splitter then going to zgemma and superhub

Having slight problems with H2 channel only.

Hi, would you use this to replace the vm unit as it comes into your house ?.
My vm has cable to single unit and only one outlet which i have going to a two way splitter then going to zgemma and superhub

Having slight problems with H2 channel only.

Hey,

We appear to have the same sort of set-up, this unit which I'm recommending is what was given to my parents from VM, so depending on what you have then i would say go for this one unless it's different. I think any make would do really as long it's the same spec (5-1000MHz).

For me this sorted the issue, so if you are having similar to mine then i think throwing £3 at it for a try might be worth it.

So, leave the original vm single unit in white wall box as is and change my 2 way going to box and hub to the one you have purchased - have i got this right !.
Cheers

So, leave the original vm single unit in white wall box as is and change my 2 way going to box and hub to the one you have purchased - have i got this right !.
Cheers

Pretty much so. Are you able to post a picture of the current splitter?

Will order one as you suggested as same frquency as the original vm one as makes sense.
Was wondering if you could use it to replace the single vm behind the white wall box ?.
Cheers for the help

Just checked the one im using now is 5 ~2400mhz.

Open to a higher band frequency which interferes more. I think your problem will be solved with one of two links i posted earlier.

When you do try it let us know how you got on.

Just ordered one of ebay so will update thread when it arrives.
Cheers again.

Back