H2h cable setup help broadband only.

Hi guys, i have broadband only with virgin and satt with SKY, im wanting to get a H2H box to get virgin and hd channels. so a couple of questions.

1> Do i need to purchase a splitter, 2 male to male cables and a short f plug patch lead.

2> will i be able to record,pause and rewind with this option?

thanks.

The h2h has 1 sat & 1 cable tuner.
If you only have BB with virmin then yes you will need to purchase a 2 way splitter 1 cable for your virmin router/modem and the other cable for the zgemma.
You would need to run a cable from the splitter to the destination (where the box will be living).

FOR MINIMUM INTERFERENCE
use a 2 way splitter with 5-1000mhz
The cable to buy is important. Use tri-sheild copper core cable.
you need ends for the cable
f_connector_screw_ken_able.jpg
You will also need an adapter for the cable to be plugged into the zgemma
f-socket-to-coax-plug-adapter.jpg

You need a harddrive or usb stick for the epg and to be able to have timeshift(pause rewind fastforward tv)

Yep as above great info there. I have the same setup and both run smoothly on this box. Am sure you will like it as I am very impressed with this budget box. Remember you need a line for both sat and cable.

what do you mean when i need a line for both sat and cable?? i need to plug my sat dish into the zgemma and virmin into the zgemma also??

are there any good boxes that take cable only??

can i still record pause and rewind with this option..

thanks.

Are you wanting freeview channels only if so the connect the cable for cable and sat... If you want paid channels you need a paid server line for either sat or cable...cable you get HD channels sat you don't. This box is great so no probs there and yes can still record rewind with a hard drive attached

yes i am wanting paid, i currently have a zgemma for paid sat but im wanting hd. i currently have the two sat cables in the back of the box so do i plug 2 cable feeds into the h2h then get a paid gift for cable as i dont understand the one sat one cable tuner thing?

Ok if you have the zgemma H2H box then it's has 2 tuners ... 1 for sat and 1 for cable hence why they call it a combo box. You don't need a separate box for sat and vice versa. You can wire the sat cable to the sat tuner and cable to the cable tuner. Get a gift for both if you want the same channels twice but if your interested in HD then just get a cable gift.

The h2h has 1 sat & 1 cable tuner.
If you only have BB with virmin then yes you will need to purchase a 2 way splitter 1 cable for your virmin router/modem and the other cable for the zgemma.
You would need to run a cable from the splitter to the destination (where the box will be living).

FOR MINIMUM INTERFERENCE
use a 2 way splitter with 5-1000mhz
The cable to buy is important. Use tri-sheild copper core cable.
you need ends for the cable
View attachment 19804
You will also need an adapter for the cable to be plugged into the zgemma
View attachment 19805

You need a harddrive or usb stick for the epg and to be able to have timeshift(pause rewind fastforward tv)

i already have a 5-2400mhz splitter would this work also?

Sorry for post bombing but why would you want the same channels twice.. he's obviously looking for hd channels so surely the one cable gift would do?

---------- Post Merged at 09:52 PM ----------

Is there an idiots guide to the cable set up on h2h? I've done the Zgemma star s satellite set up but I get easily confused when it comes to splitters and cables going to routers etc!!

The only reason you would want two sets of channels (two tuners/feeds) is so that you can record off of one set of channels and watch the other set of channels at the same time.
If you only had 1 set of channels(one feed to the box) then you would only be able to record one thing and not watch anything else as the tuner is already in use recording if that makes any sense.

If you have any questions just as me I'm more then happy to help

hi guys just bought a h2h, i was just wondering if the cable i need for the virmin feed is coax cable, or can i use the original white cable installed by virmin ?

i already have a h2s set up but was after the hd channels. is the original cable tri-sheild copper core or do i need other. any help appreciated thanks.

You can use either mate the original cable would be better quality cable. Coax will do if you need it but make sure it's good quality.

Hi guys sorry to jump in but I have a quick question I currently have a h2s with a paid sat sub and would like like to get the hd channels with the h2h

Can you run both subs side by side on the same box flawlessly i.e. Watch say Ss1HD for the footie whilst the mrs would be recording a non HD channel via the sat line?

i cant say for sure, but i dont see why not. i havnt set mine up yet, still waiting for my splitter to arrive. :woohoo:

Yes mate you can no problem best use dsayers image which can be found by searching on here. Has one bouquet for sat/cable channels. You won't be disappointed.

So I can keep my current sky sub and add a seperate virgin line from someone else and they will work together without any trouble I was lead to believe I would need a dual line from 1 source

Will they both need to be the same type of line my sky sub is a newcamd n line

Don't matter who sub is from but yes will be easier if same type of line just add both and they work together no probs

Excellent thanks for your help my neighbour got his h2h today (moving up from an old f5s)and couldn't get his cline virgin to work with his nline sky the bloke who did his virgin told him they couldn't run together and said to disable his sky cam to get the virgin one to work (which it did) so I was worried I'd have to do the same

I think il move my h2s upstairs and get shot of the 2s up there and get a h2h for the living room :) I've got a virgin TiVo in there now with the basic channels on which I never even have turned on anyway as v give me it free with my broadband deal so I won't even need to go down the splitter route :)

Back