H2H Glitching Questions

Re DNS, in network, take off dhcp and should let you change DNS to Google 8888 8844. Worth a try. Did yurt m you reset hub? Have a router can try if change it to modem mode?

So change the settings on the zgemma box? i have switched the hub on and off numerous times or should i do a factory reset? unfortunately i dont have another router to try

Try a simple reset from the back of it for now then

---------- Post Merged at 09:25 AM ----------

You tried another line didn't you?

yea i have tried 2 different lines with exactly the same result, just trying a reboot and factory reset on the hub now

---------- Post Merged at 09:42 AM ----------

And yes you can't change dns servers on vm hubs but can change to googles say on the Zgemma....

So if i disable the use dhcp in the network settings of the zgemma, which setting do i change to 8888 8844, is it the ip address, netmask or gateway?

---------- Post Merged at 09:45 AM ----------

Wifey would castrate me if i spent that much on a router:)
I've got two one upstairs and one downstairs lol

So i have done a factory reset on my hub and still the same problem, some premium channels are perfect others glitch, could this still be a problem with my cabling? i have some cheap cable from my splitter and some proper virgin one.

I am going to try a re flash as well just in case, i used bioheads image last time, any suggestions of which other one to try with just a cable feed only for the h2h? Also can anyone tell me the best cable to buy from screwfix so i can try a new length of that as well?

Decent cable is made from copper, cheap will be copper clad.
Look for the lapgear PF 100 if going to Screwfix

I will try that PF100 from screwix tonight and post an update, i have only used the cheap RG6 cable from my splitter, so hopefully this will solve the issue!

Try this :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profession...821045&sr=8-3&keywords=konig+signal+amplifier

I remember this is the item that sorted out ALL glitching problems for one chap on here. Couldn't find the thread but remembered the item.
I was thinking about it but only get some glitching on Sky Movies Premiere HD and Sky Sports 1 HD - all other channels are fine.
If you do try it and it doesn't work you can always return it. But let us know if it does work for you too.

Mine would only show SD channels when using RG6, changed to proper VM triple shielded cable and worked fine, I had to use a konnig booster on the long run of cable to my bedroom to get the HD movie channels and SSP2HD to work in bedroom, CH4HD and comedy central HD was also a bit of a pig at times.
As mentioned cable can be trying and sometimes feels like witchcraft lol

If this doesn't work tonight with the cable, would it be as easy as just putting a dish up and running it through Satellite instead?

Seems a tad harsh lol. Will be costlier, more hassle and involve another(cheaper albeit) line but the box is compatible yes. No HD though really. Try and not think about it yet lol. It could be the hub mind.

I will try with the newly purchased PF100 cable tonight and hope for the best! It just bugs me that some of the sports channels are fine and other not lol

I hate that super hub!

So i have tried the new cable, its the same! one thing i have noticed now is that the channels that were fine, stutter slightly under heavy internet use such as speedtest.net, the channels that stutter all the time become unwatchable when speedtest.net is running, they also are quite bad when just opening a new browser window. Although the channels that were not stuttering are perfect during normal internet use?

Back