H2H Setup

Jytees

Hi All,

Just purchased an H2H and have downloaded Dsayers2014 latest backup. (Thanks Dsayers :emoji_clap:)

I've flashed the box and now have the restored image, obviously need to make the necessary changes described in Dsayers setup guide but unsure about this step, "Onceimage is flashed and u edit ur newcamd.list file in usr/keys or CCcam.cfg inusr/keys with FileZilla."

I've been using an H2S up to now with Wooshbuild and so never had to use Filezilla.

I have a Virgin line and Sat line both starting CWS but unfortunately have no idea how to get these on the box.

Any help much appreciated.

If you look at the bottom of the guide you'll see Idiots Guide for adding your line with Filezilla client version.

Download filezilla client version and follow the guide and you'll work it out

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If you look at the bottom of the guide you'll see Idiots Guide for adding your line with Filezilla client version.

Download filezilla client version and follow the guide and you'll work it out

Oops. Didn't get that far down the guide Dsayers.

Thanks very much.

I've edited the newcamd list with my lines. Presumably this was the correct file to edit as my lines started cws? Still none of the subscribed channels are working. I've also noticed I'm still getting ITV Yorkshire on 103. Would that suggest the providers scan hasnm't worked? When I go into the providers it shows up as Scottish East which is what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?

Check the newcamd.list file has been updated using FileZilla again - I noticed a couple of times despite updating and saving the file for some reason the file didn't contain the new info

If all okay in the file then do a restart of the box and make sure Mgcamd is the cam being used - press blue button - softcam panel - select Mgcamd and then start

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've edited the newcamd list with my lines. Presumably this was the correct file to edit as my lines started cws? Still none of the subscribed channels are working. I've also noticed I'm still getting ITV Yorkshire on 103. Would that suggest the providers scan hasnm't worked? When I go into the providers it shows up as Scottish East which is what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?
After setting up providers did you press start scan?

Quick update. I'd only changed the setting for Sky UK, inadvertantly missed the Virgin area. This appears to have now fixed the location problem.

The lines are also working, I'm getting all the subscribed channels. The reason I thought they weren't working was because I only tried Sky 1 HD. This is still not working, any ideas what the reason for that would be?

I've also tried to follow the instructions to setup the Recording and Timeshift settings but I don't have the option for that in the system menu for some reason. Any idea where I can find these settings?

One other thing. I don't have MUTV HD. Only in SD.

What image are you using openatv or vix? Sky1hd should be working fine.

Mutvhd should be on 418

Open ATV...I think. How do I check for sure? It appears to be more than just sky 1 hd that's not working. BBC 2 and channel 5 HD channels just another couple I've found. Will this be something up with the channel list?

MUTV HD. All my sports channels are in the 500's. 400's are movies.

Also, any idea where the recording and timeshift settings are?

Who's backup image are you using? If mine you should have downloaded it from here http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...2014-openatv-image-h-2h-one-set-bouquets.html

To find out the image your using menu, information, about

you need sky uk generate main bouquet to no that will sort out the channel numbers.

For sky channels that aren't working press ok twice and you should see the snr it sounds like your not getting a signal.

Who's backup image are you using? If mine you should have downloaded it from here http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...2014-openatv-image-h-2h-one-set-bouquets.html

To find out the image your using menu, information, about

you need sky uk generate main bouquet to no that will sort out the channel numbers.

For sky channels that aren't working press ok twice and you should see the snr it sounds like your not getting a signal.

Using your backup file and that's exactly where I downloaded it from.

Channels that aren't working have 0% snr.

What do I do to resolve this?

Still no response with the recording a timeshift settings?

The signal strength needs looking at either cables or sky dish

Recording and Timeshift settings are in the guide I'm at work so ill double check in the morning

Sorted recording and timeshift settings. Just need to find out what the issue is with all the missing channels!

---------- Post Merged at 12:59 AM ----------

Should Sky Sport ROI channels be visible as well?

Yes I'll try to go through it tomorrow with you.

It does sound like a dish issue

Yes I'll try to go through it tomorrow with you.

It does sound like a dish issue

Not sure how it can be the dish, I've got an H2S that's worked perfectly well for months. I'm also puzzled as to why the channel list would have missing channels? No MUTV or Sky ROI and those are just the ones I've noticed. Having had a further play with it last night there's an awful lot of channels showing snr 0%.

You think I should factory restore and try again?

Reflashed the box with your latest file. Just want to be clear on things as I go through this.

1. Box has just been flashed and I've edited my lines into mgcamd.file.
2. Should I remove the disc and format it now? Then stick it in the back slot once it's been formatted before I do anything else? It's not clear when the disc should be plugged in.
3. Scan and change the area's to my location.

---------- Post Merged at 11:32 PM ----------

Update:

Seem to have all the channels in place now, channel numbers corresponding correctly and missing channels like MUTV and Sky ROI have now appeared. Unfortunately still having issues with a lot of the channels not working. Sky1 HD now has a fluctuating snr, Picture is pixelated and sound intermittent so it would appear to be an issue with the signal. Why is it only certain channels though. I'd have thought if there was an issue with the signal it would affect all of them?

Is there anywhere in the settings I can check the signal strength?

For your storage device it needs to be plugged in permanently following the guide for initialising your storage device.

With the channels with no signal check if there tuner a (sat ) or tunerb (cable) if it's the hd channels it's likely your line or splitter setup.

Certainly appears to be the HD channels that are having the problem. Maybe about a quarter of them so would agree it's something to do with the cable setup. Why would only some of the HD channels be affected though and why is it always the same ones? The HD channels that do work are working perfectly well with no signal issues.

The splitter is the one that was originally supplied and installed by Virgin/Telewest, Tratec RLS 02/MS. The cable goes directly from there into the port on the back of the H2H. Would this suggest a problem with the line?

Back