H5.2TC - Out of the Box Setup Assistance

tuner a needs to be of if you not using a sat dish on it, then tuner b and c need the same settings in both of them

I intend to use Sat feed as well as Cable. Both feeds are connected to the back of the box.

But - just to get cable channels 1 to 5 to clear, how do I disable Tuner A?

You don't have to disable anything if you're using sat and cable.
How is the hdd going?

@Mr. Jailer Any luck with this yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to disable anything if you're using sat and cable.
How is the hdd going?

It's a 32GB hard drive. I had already followed your setup instructions, it appeared to have formatted OK, but said that a partition or something was in use. Perhaps that's why it isn't working. If I connect the HDD to laptop, is there a 3rd party software I can format to the desired format?

@Mr. Jailer Any luck with this yet?

No, the box reported the same error: check tuner C @ 11.11am this morning.

Sat works, but not all free channels are listed.

With regards the cable setup, I checked the lead and ensured it was securely connected. Is there a way to check if it's 'live' from the box? It was working once upon a time with a Tivo box.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a 32GB hard drive. I had already followed your setup instructions, it appeared to have formatted OK, but said that a partition or something was in use. Perhaps that's why it isn't working. If I connect the HDD to laptop, is there a 3rd party software I can format to the desired format?

Format your USB stick with this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwagjco1ti8yo1w/Preparing Flash Drives.zip?dl=0

or if that doesn't work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2bt40jszz76bk3/Formatting Drives.pdf?dl=0

Have you gone into Menu > Setup > Tuner Config > and made sure the tuners are configured correctly?

Disconnect the HDD and leave it disconnected, restart the box.
Go to Plugins > USB Format and follow the instruction, then restart the box.

Then go to Mount Manager and set it as /media/hdd if it isn't already.

I'm still to configure the Hard Drive 320GB, (may try a different one) but the burning issue is to get Cable tuners working.

There's 2 'on/off' switches at the back, I was playing around when I first got the box. What are the functions of these, one is a push down switch near power jack. The other is a slider, near the tuner connection called 'ANT POWER'. Do they both need to be 'on'?

If your not using a terrestrial aerial the slider needs to be off.
The other thing sounds like the power switch. Does the box go off if you press it?

If your not using a terrestrial aerial the slider needs to be off.
The other thing sounds like the power switch. Does the box go off if you press it?

Yes, it does. I also powered the ANT switch to OFF.

I put in a new USB 500 GB hard drive and thats working fine.

Loaded a line the old fashioned way through Dream Explorer, using the remote, all OK in that regard for satellite, but can't find a couple of channels such AS Star Plus or Sony Max (missed out on cricket), even after scanning manually.

On the cable side of things, the EPG is up to date, but not even 1 to 5 clear, with both tuners configured correct, thoughts?

Are you saying that the selection isn't checked as hidden but doesn't appear?
Can you pick up the channel you're looking for on a manual scan?

Back