Help on Which Zgemma to Buy

techboy1

Hope everyone is doing good,

I was looking for some help/info on the zgemma boxes, and which one to get. I currently have a blade bm7000, but need to buy an additional 2 boxes.

My question are;

1. Which zgemma receiver supports the sly skin look/user interface?

2. Do these boxes take Nlines, and are they easy to insert into the box?

3. Am i able to use IPTV configurations with this box if i decide to change from an Nline at a later date?

4. Which one of the zgemma boxes, is the best for the satellite side?

5. Can i use filezilla to watch whatever my zgemma box is subbed to, whilst the zgemma box is currently on and being viewed as well at the same time?

6. Does any of the zgemma boxes have WiFi, if not then would these work with a wireless WiFi dongle connected to the router, or home plugs?

I really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this for me, and a big thank you in advanced.

1. Which zgemma receiver supports the sly skin look/user interface? - I know for sure that the H.2S does, which I have.

2. Do these boxes take Nlines, and are they easy to insert into the box? - yes, and yes

3. Am i able to use IPTV configurations with this box if i decide to change from an Nline at a later date? - if you have a sub with a RUYA provider there's a good plugin that you can log into your account with, although the i55 is a dedicated IPTV box if you just wanted that. Personally would go with a Mag 254 though if you only wanted IPTV.

4. Which one of the zgemma boxes, is the best for the satellite side? - would recommend the H.2S personally.

6. Does any of the zgemma boxes have WiFi, if not then would these work with a wireless WiFi dongle connected to the router, or home plugs? - got mine running on homeplugs, yes.

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 AM ----------

Anyone feel free to tell me I'm wrong though. ROFL

It would be nice to have the zgemma h.2s then, i might hold fire for abit longer on making a purchase. To be honest all i wil be doing is watching occasional TV, it would be nice to be able to use that filezila feature if it exists. Lets say if i just wanted to view the channels, not to change the subject as this is about the zgemma, but would an openbox v8s be ok? Price range wise the zgemma is approximately 72.50 and the lower end box openbox v8s is about 31pound, but for just viewing what would you recommend?

Zgemma h.2s is what you want! Granted it's double the price of the Openbox v8s and then some but it's double the price for a reason. The zgemma h2s is a far superior box and to be honest if you bought the v8s then you'll only be left wishing you had bought the zgemma.

The answer to your questions that you asked is yes the zgemma does it all and it can be set up wirelessly but my advice would be wire it directly the to the router via Ethernet or use home plugs.

Openbox - basic, cheap and the program guide etc is awful.

Pay the extra and you won't be left wishing you had bought the zgemma.

I will eventually probably buy the zgemma hs.2 if its the box to buy, just hope the filezilla option works if i was to buy it.

Im not sure if filezilla can be used, so watch whats on your zgemma on your laptop at the same time through one line

Filezilla?

This is nothing more than a file transfer program for copying file from A to B, in terms of these boxes from your computer to the box or back again. Any (most) FTP (File transfer protocol) client can be used to do this as the box is running it's own FTP server.

With a zgemma you would use the built in web interface to stream a channel from the box to your computer or there are apps for Android and ipants if you wanted to view on a device. As far as I know thee is no use for filezilla with regards to streaming.

Ahhh i c, i have been getting confused then. So is it possible to view the same lines channels on a laptop even with a blade bm7000s? Or do you need ro have the zgemma to do that?

Openwebif can be used to view on your laptop. You simply type in the IP of your box into your web bruiser and voila. Like magic it's on your laptop.

I have an android box connected to the zgemma box in the bedroom and can watch whatever channel I want without disturbing what is being watched in the main room. It's great!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have a few android boxes conected in the house as well, how does the zgemma work with the android side of viewing?

I have a few android boxes conected in the house as well, how does the zgemma work with the android side of viewing?

Ive found that once you have set your zgemma box to have a static IP address, you can dowload the TV channels from your zgemm box to a m3u file using the "open webif" appliction. click on the little tv icon and it will ask you if you want to download the channel list as an m3u file.

Screenshot 2016-06-17 19.51.20.jpg
Save the m3u file to an sdcard (for loading into your android box) or otherwise transfer it to another location on your andriod box.

I presume you have kodi loaded on your android boxs.

Open up Kodi and navigate to Videos Menu, then Files, load locate the m3u file its happy viewing from there.

IMAG0315.jpg

This stuff is great, i will probably get the zgemma next week. Is there any chance that this process could work for my current blad bm7000s

I find the simplest way to be...

Menu -> Information -> Network (write down the IP address you box is currently using)

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device Setup -> Adaptor Settings

Change Use DHCP to no.
Change the IP address to whatever you wrote down earlier.

Job done :)

Daz

Back