Help on Which Zgemma to Buy

Go on then, how do you create a static IP address for the ZGemma?

I wouldn't worry about a static ip address mine only changes when I reboot my router in network settings device setup your can change dhpc to no if your router supports it

I find the simplest way to be...

Menu -> Information -> Network (write down the IP address you box is currently using)

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device Setup -> Adaptor Settings

Change Use DHCP to no.
Change the IP address to whatever you wrote down earlier.

Job done :)

Daz

cheers, didnt know you could turn off dhcp from within the box.

the way i did it was to fix the ip address from the router using the mac address of the box.

Your way is the best way to do it, because if you re-flash the box at any time, you shouldn't lose your fixed IP.

Daz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just got my h2s, and there are so many settings....

I'm a geek who has played in the world of raspberry pi, so this is kind of the same. (kodi etc).
Big learning curve.... needs to be a proper video on setting it up as close to sky.
Disappointed no on demand 5. (needed for Home and Away)
Will be using a all in one universal control. urc 6440 as my remote...not bad for £24.99

so far Iplayer is playing up on Kodi... don't think its quite there yet....

Just hoping that I wont notice any difference soon from sky....
ps SSE broadband looks cheap and good.....

Okay so I fixed my IP address and then none of the channels on my line were working (though I set it back after I realised the next part of this post) and it didn't actually load any of the channels in Kodi (it showed them all in a guide etc etc) but the picture wouldn't load. Any ideas?

Okay so I fixed my IP address and then none of the channels on my line were working (though I set it back after I realised the next part of this post) and it didn't actually load any of the channels in Kodi (it showed them all in a guide etc etc) but the picture wouldn't load. Any ideas?
Not sure, but I'm sure your nearly there. Most be some kind of setting needing tweeted.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

some routers dont like dhpc to no when i first did my backup with it to no others were having issues with it connecting something about the gateway ip address or netmask i'm not sure

Hi there I have been having a nightmare with my zgemma h2s freezing all the time I've tried Ethernet straight from router to the box because I use home plugs any other time but still freezes. Have tried the box in my mother in laws an it works a treat there so it's not the line or the l&b as the box doesn't freeze or glitch at all on free to air channels getting fed up now any ideas much appreciated

The channels shouldn't glitch on FTA anyways. So there's something up. Not sure tho

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back