Cable help with no channels

Thanks. But what is B set to? Reason for asking is to establish whether the cables.xml file needs amending.

Mine is set as follows:
Configuration: Enabled
Network ID: 00000 (it does not matter what you set in the UK/Ireland)
Used service scan type: Provider
Region: Virgin Media UK (ex CW). If in Pure or Telewest area, change to that. If not sure, select Virgin (all systems)

And why are A&C disabled? Do they not have access to the signal wire/supply?

not entirely sure, his ABM is set to scan Preston 40968, I enabled Tuner C as he said he only had 15 channels
ABM scan came back with error for Tuner C but had already scanned Tuner B ok, updated provider files but came back as 'not needed' already updated
Tuner A is sat and 'not configured', don't know why C wouldn't scan with same settings as B

Thanks. But what is B set to? Reason for asking is to establish whether the cables.xml file needs amending.

Mine is set as follows:
Configuration: Enabled
Network ID: 00000 (it does not matter what you set in the UK/Ireland)
Used service scan type: Provider
Region: Virgin Media UK (ex CW). If in Pure or Telewest area, change to that. If not sure, select Virgin (all systems)

And why are A&C disabled? Do they not have access to the signal wire/supply?
i still set the net id in this 40962
VM pure

abm to 40962 also then scan

on my H7C
tuner a disabled i dont use satellite
tuner b enabled for cable
tuner c disabled
using abm find about 400 channels
Roughly same here mate on anm, was just miffed why auto or manual scan found only 15 but as long as it’s working it’s all good

Please correct me if I am wrong. A Zgemma h7c has a single satellite tuner, a twin hybrid tuner. The hybrid tuner only has one input, like all other twin hybrid tuners. I presume people are setting up tuner B and C exactly the same instead of just setting Tuner B and thinking Tuner C will also be the same. If people are having a problem when both Tuner B&C are correctly configured and supplied with signal, surely this needs to be reported to Zgemma/Air Digital.

You could be right.
In quite a few cases of twin cable tuners, I have set both cable tuners to the same settings and get this result, one tuner cannot tune into virgin and comes back with an error.
One cable tuner has to be set as 'not configured'.
I've only seen it on 4K boxes, H7, H9 etc, maybe anyone else can verify? - no problem on earlier twin cable tuner boxes (zgemma) it has to be said

Please correct me if I am wrong. A Zgemma h7c has a single satellite tuner, a twin hybrid tuner. The hybrid tuner only has one input, like all other twin hybrid tuners. I presume people are setting up tuner B and C exactly the same instead of just setting Tuner B and thinking Tuner C will also be the same. If people are having a problem when both Tuner B&C are correctly configured and supplied with signal, surely this needs to be reported to Zgemma/Air Digital.

The tuners on the H7C are separate and each requires a feed. My DVB C-T tuners are set up for cable and terrestrial freeview.

Last edited:

Zgemma H7C
1x DVB-S2/S2X + 2x DVB-T2/C Hybrid tuner built-in

Last edited:
You could be right.
In quite a few cases of twin cable tuners, I have set both cable tuners to the same settings and get this result, one tuner cannot tune into virgin and comes back with an error.
One cable tuner has to be set as 'not configured'.
I've only seen it on 4K boxes, H7, H9 etc, maybe anyone else can verify? - no problem on earlier twin cable tuner boxes (zgemma) it has to be said
if i enabled tuner B & C and try a scan, i get an error
failed to tune Virgin(UK) on tuner C
soon as i disable tuner C its ok

Last edited:
i disabled Tuner A & B
went into tuner config
Enabled Tuner C
went into ABM, updated ABM Config "this did'nt need doing but did it anyway"
did a scan and found channels, but got message on screen tuner failed..
did a reboot and it all ok on tuner C

so does tuner B & C need cable feeds in for both to work ???
will invest on a 3way splitter and try

Last edited:
so does tuner B & C need cable feeds in for both to work ???

Yes, they both need a feed.
Just put a splitter on the existing cable to provide 2 feeds.
Tuners B & C are independent. I've got VM on B and Freeview on C.

Zgemma H7C
1x DVB-S2/S2X + 2x DVB-T2/C Hybrid tuner built-in

Hybrid means that it will work on cable and terrestrial and 2x DVB-T2/C refers to the fact that there are two tuners rather than a dual tuner.

My box was working until last night zgemma H2H, ABM run but message says "Data Not Found" this happened on mates box too, running IPab, both VM I know IPab not updated anymore... Any help!

Back