Horn not working

Anam

Hi,

I have a Nissan Micra K12 (2003) 1.2 and the horn isn't working. I had a look at the fuse and it looks fine. Any ways in which i can fix it?

Thanks

I had a look at the fuse and it looks fine.

When it comes to fuses, looks fine just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. You need to test it properly with a meter or fuse tester.

It's highly likely that it is the fuse and if you don't have a means to test correctly, try another fuse from something else known to work in the car in the horn fuse holder and see if that works.

you can also test the fuse with a 12v test lite. the lite should come on probing both sides of the fuse. if the fuse is good push the horn button a few times and listen very carefully for a clicking sound. if you hear it that is your horn relay.if you hear the clicking go to your horn(s) and disconnect the power wire.have someone hold down the horn button as you probe the wire with a test lite.if the lite comes on it is the horn itself which is not unheard of.if no lite get a circuit diagram and back probe until you have power.another thing to do before this would be to try another relay (there are identical ones on the relay block).if it clicks but not power to horn you have an open circuit somewhere between the relay and the horn.this is where the wiring diagram comes in.

It's highly likely that it is the fuse and if you don't have a means to test correctly, try another fuse from something else known to work in the car in the horn fuse holder and see if that works

Back