How to clear IPTV search history.

bigwig21

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how to clear the search function in the IPTV player,been using 123 movies and now i have about 4 pages of searches.
thanks

go to iptvplayer
go to the settings (cogs at the bottom)
then scroll down to:
the number of items in search history > change that to 0
cleariptvplayer sh.jpg
click save
then go back into settings and put back to 50 or whatever you want the limit to be.
this will delete all history then you'll have to start again :)
don't think there is a way of deleting individual searches

Thanks BURLESY,
thats been driving me nuts for hours,
when i set it to 0 i had to exit out of IPTV,then went back in and set it to 50.
Once again thanks for your help.(y):willy nilly:hatsoff

Hi Guys, sorry to hijack your thread but thought my question was along the same lines.

Where is the iptv player search history stored? I don't think it is on the actual box?

I know this as I had a Zgemma H.2S which developed a fault so I returned it for replacement. The new box arrived the same day I sent the old one back so I know it is a different box. However my old search history in IPTV player is still there.

Thanks Jim.

It's stored on your hdd in IPTVcache/SearchHistory

The search history is stored in individual IPTV player application files. Just delete any that you no longer wish to keep by use of a file management application such as Filezilla.

Last edited by a moderator:
If so it doesn't make any sense. As I stated in my post this is a new box. So why is my old search history, which was created using my old faulty box, still be there when I go to IPTV player in the new box?

You are using a Zgemma H2s which does not have any internal storage so presumably you are either using a USB stick or external hdd for Recording and Timeshift etc. That is where IPTV player stores your search history. You have a new H2s but presumably not a new USB or hdd.

Photo of my IPTV storage on my hdd to clarify.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170423-184725.png
    Screenshot_20170423-184725.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 98
You are using a Zgemma H2s which does not have any internal storage so presumably you are either using a USB stick or external hdd for Recording and Timeshift etc. That is where IPTV player stores your search history. You have a new H2s but presumably not a new USB or hdd.
Photo of my IPTV storage on my hdd to clarify.
Hi Bobby, while I was eating my Dinner I suddenly realised you were talking about my external recording hdd not the Zgemma hdd of which I assume there is a small one that
holds the system and plugins etc... anyway then I logged in here to see your posts which confirms it, its obvious now you mention it thanks:)

Also your post is a better answer to this original topic of deleting the search history. The changing of the number of items in search history to 0 didn't work for me.

thanks again Mij

Evening again, just an update for others benefit. I logged into my box with my ftp prog and tried to delete the iptv movie app files for example YifyTV.txt but I get access denied. So I decided to open each in turn in a text editor, delete the search terms and re-save. Worked a treat!

i'll have another go later at deleting the actual file but opening and editing works better for me as I can delete specific search terms and leave others if I need. Cheers

Back