How to flash Arnet Kryptview - Firmware Loading Guide / Tutorial .

Hi Guys,

I have 2 x A780 boxes and both went down a few days ago. I've down an OTA software update to the most recent software on both boxes and still no joy.
On the front of both boxes after the software updates.....both are showing 0000 as opposed to 0100 (as talked about in previous forums).
I have live internet feeds to the back of both boxes, Is it possible that it may have been disconnected at the DP? I've had a look at it and there appears to be recent works there, as there are f-connectors and coax insulation outside the DP.
Is there a way I can test the incoming vermin cable? I do not have any vermin boxes. On the automatic search it shows signal strength 56. I'm pretty sure both boxes worked well on this signal strength previously.
I should be on telewest harnigey 40985.....but neither boxes pick this up. i've manually input these details and it says failed.
I've had a look on the vermin status website and there is an issue.....but only with the miniguide & TiVo service.
I've also reflashed 1 box, with null leads (with usb) which i've known to previously work, to no avail.

I've tried researching and reading most things on here, before posting. hope we can try and resolve?

Thanks

Last edited:
try a diff provider ie ntl but not Comcast as that is for Ireland if you do not have any vm at all ie bb or phone they may have disconnected you at green box

How would i know for definate if i've been disconnected? The signal strength flashes intermittently from 56 (from which i assume is a no signal) to 88. Occassionally the signal quality then flashes too. If it were disconnected at the DP, wouldn't it not be picking anything up at all?

Thanks

If you can pick up beeb and ITV you are not disconnected.. Box just needs flashing.. Haringey.. Can meet and do the both if your still stuck.. Monday..? But if no beeb then vermin have robbed their cable back.. PS there is a vermin banner at top of one the pages and its got branston next to the slogan.. Screw it.. Let's do it.. And screwing you we are mister vermin..! Lol..

Nice one Ted. Will do a few more checks and get back to you. Without sounding like mission impossible, but is there anyway I can open up the DP and reconnect the feed, bar bunging a vermin employee a few quid?

It can be a bit involved at the green box.. There are a lot of wires and you will need to find your place... How about bb on from vermin.. Pony a month and buy a splitter..!! And you know what to do after that..!!

It's not my gaff, but can suggest it to the fella who employes me. I'm his subbie spark. I put these boxes in about 3 years ago, so he knows he's had a good run. I temporarily hooked him up with terrestrial in the mean time. He can see the dp from his window, told him to stalk it and back hander a vermin employee if he gets a chance in the mean time.
Will get back to ya, if he's got beeb or itv

Ok dano.. If beeb and ITV are off then he is out of luck.. Bb only from vermin is his best option and your connected sort of legit..!! Haha.. Ted

Can anyone help Ive had my box for 3 years no problems. I was sticking on 99 percent of the sofware update so i connected my box to pc and did it manually that was a few weeks ago. Now when i scan all im gettting is hd channels and alot of channels with nothing on.

i do believe the boxes have been off they came on again today most areas but went off again by what im seeing on my box the signal quality is down real low so that might explain why your not finding channels on a scan, dont worry at this point as i said they came on today for a while but went offline again

Can anyone help Ive had my box for 3 years no problems. I was sticking on 99 percent of the sofware update so i connected my box to pc and did it manually that was a few weeks ago. Now when i scan all im gettting is hd channels and alot of channels with nothing on.
Your update via PC may not have worked properly.. Null modem and xp port on PC or did you do the USB method..?
When you scan for channels.. Is the tp list.. 1/1, 8/8, 11/11,Eileen special.. 1/49.. Or 1/56+... Did you use 20/01/2015 bin file from downloads and is date on kV as above.. Menu..system info..! And do you get beeb and ITV.. ! Plenty to start you off..!! Ted

PS don't re scan folks..if box goes pear.. Just sit tight and catch up on some freeview..glitch free.. Haha.. Still free.. Yes.. Frustrating.. Most def.. But would not want it any other way.. ( boxing is on next weekend Mr & Mrs kV.. Excellent bonus last time... So if you can swing it.. Always appreciated.. But if not my neighbour has a multi lnb so may hook up my test line on my research only slybox F5s.. And my newly made extension cable.. Always got a back up box just in case..!!! ) Ted

i would say its not as its straight wired,null modem cable has got a cross over cable init for flashing these boxes.

Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RS232-Serial-Null-Modem-Cable-DB9-Female-to-DB9F-RS-232-Ideal-for-Box-Flashing-/120916943454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c2736225e

Last edited:
thx. dont worry i used some female solder connectors and made one. worked perfectly. It wont be used in my area as its for a friend, im not sure what network ID he would use. Hes in bedfordshire, any ideas which to use?

hi is there any one that can help me with my new kryptview box to load it up i live in birmingham b32

im pulling my hair out need help

Ted Luxston will probably help if you pay the postage

he da man !!! when it comes to KV !! :smoke rings:

thx. dont worry i used some female solder connectors and made one. worked perfectly. It wont be used in my area as its for a friend, im not sure what network ID he would use. Hes in bedfordshire, any ideas which to use?
I used Luton.. For Dunstable area if its on your net id list..! Ted

Back