Idiots Guide Step By Step?

WildZ

After having the old style set up for over 10 years I now have to switch to IPTV it seems.

Ok so what do I do?
Obviosly I need to buy new box to run Sly and find seller to supply.

Is their an idots guide with step by step installation of these new boxes? Reading forum Mag 254 seems way to go for 3pm football and sky sports etc.
Is it as simple as plug box in, hardwire to router then find a seller?
How does the seller hook your box, do they send file that needs flashing onto box? Do I need to input mac address onto box??

Wheres a guide, a step by step guide?? Surely this should be top post stuck to forum or have it's own section.

After having the old style set up for over 10 years I now have to switch to IPTV it seems.

Ok so what do I do?
Obviosly I need to buy new box to run Sly and find seller to supply.

Is their an idots guide with step by step installation of these new boxes? Reading forum Mag 254 seems way to go for 3pm football and sky sports etc.
Is it as simple as plug box in, hardwire to router then find a seller?
How does the seller hook your box, do they send file that needs flashing onto box? Do I need to input mac address onto box??

Wheres a guide, a step by step guide?? Surely this should be top post stuck to forum or have it's own section.

What box do you have at the moment, anything at all?

Box can generally just be plugged in, hardwired (preferably) and then find a supplier.

Mac addresses etc........all depends on what box you are using, what your supplier offers.

Different boxes use different things, some use MAC codes, some use putty scripts, some use IPTV apps.

Best place to start is advising what box you have and you then need to find a supplier. There is a seperate thread for posting about requesting for an IPTV supplier.

Hey dt99 I haven't purchased a box yet but reading through forum I believe the mag 254 is way to go.

So with the mag box how will supplier open up sly sports? Will he send code to input or do I have to send him my mac address?
You mention seperate thread for requesting supplier is this the thread - http://www.techkings.org/threads/iptv-server-request-thread-july-august-september-2017.129005/

How easy is it once I get box to do whatever needs to be done...I don't see any guides what to do once you get the box....Go into menu press this, add this click ok etc..

Hey dt99 I haven't purchased a box yet but reading through forum I believe the mag 254 is way to go.

So with the mag box how will supplier open up sly sports? Will he send code to input or do I have to send him my mac address?
You mention seperate thread for requesting supplier is this the thread - http://www.techkings.org/threads/iptv-server-request-thread-july-august-september-2017.129005/

How easy is it once I get box to do whatever needs to be done...I don't see any guides what to do once you get the box....Go into menu press this, add this click ok etc..

What make of tv do you have and is it a smart tv? Or do you have a fire stick? These are other ways to get iptv without purchasing a box.

Don't have a smart tv.....If someone gave you the option what would you get? Firestick or Mag box?

Don't have a smart tv.....If someone gave you the option what would you get? Firestick or Mag box?

I can't speak for the mag as I've never had one. I use smart iptv app through my tv for mine and it's been working great. You can use the same app on a fire stick as well. The epg is nothing like what I had with my zgemma but it's ok and easy enough to use. It's also very simple and quick to set up.

Ok thanks Adam, guide anywhere on setting it up by any chance? And whats a epg? Sounds like something youd fire out of a rocket...

Get a Vu Solo2 and you can run iptv and a sat sub onit if you want. Add openVPN and you have an all in one solution.

A sat sub is a good idea just in case your iptv goes pair shaped and you want to watch the channels that are left.

There are probaly cheaper boxes available but i've only ever owned Vu's.

Ok guys....Vu solo, firesticks, mag 254 I get the idea....Loads of boxes...Pretty much all do the same thing....But if someone had a gun against your head what would you buy, whats the best box for the job...

Ok guys....Vu solo, firesticks, mag 254 I get the idea....Loads of boxes...Pretty much all do the same thing....But if someone had a gun against your head what would you buy, whats the best box for the job...
Epg is the programme guide. All suggestions will give you what you are looking for. So then it comes down to how much you want to spend. Personally I would go for the cheaper option is fire stick because buying a vu is all fair and well but I'm assuming your wanting sports etc and there is nothing insight to say sat will ever come back. Do you have virgin/cable in your area available?

I thought with a Mag box you could put IPTV on it....No Virgin available in area, have sky broadband....I get you with the epg, it's basically the on screen tv guide.

I thought with a Mag box you could put IPTV on it....No Virgin available in area, have sky broadband....I get you with the epg, it's basically the on screen tv guide.
That's what I said. All the options will get you what you need. It just depends on what you want to spend

Personally I would go for the cheaper option is fire stick because buying a vu is all fair and well but I'm assuming your wanting sports etc and there is nothing insight to say sat will ever come back.

How come you mentioned sat never coming back on here? By saying this you we're saying that mag boxes were no use..Or are you refering to the Vu boxes?

I hear you, so the Vu boxes can hold sky subs and IPTV, can't the mag boxes hold both sky subs and IPTV? I thought they could...To be fair I only want a box for IPTV.
I'm gradualy learning here guys as I go....I've come to a decision, it's either a Zgemma or mag 254 and I'm leaning towards the Zgemma..

So I buy the box...I then post in the request thread that I need pass for IPTV sports mainly..
Question is what happens from their? Does anything need flashing onto box, do I need to update box, will I need a VPN, how does the seller go about turning sky onto the box?

Wildz if you can't get cable where you are then it's Iptv for you. Look on the forum at the buy a zgemma star shop and get a mag box. Then all you need to do is ask for a trial in the Iptv section and give the MAC address of the box when asked. The provider should help you how to add to the box. Don't need to flash,just follow instructions from provider. Easy.

Wildz if you can't get cable where you are then it's Iptv for you. Look on the forum at the buy a zgemma star shop and get a mag box. Then all you need to do is ask for a trial in the Iptv section and give the MAC address of the box when asked. The provider should help you how to add to the box. Don't need to flash,just follow instructions from provider. Easy.

I have broadband dude...I'm with Sly broadband it's the 17 meg download speed package..I have sat dish with wires behind tv ready for something to be connected..

Back