Internet Throttle

Kevinpug1

Hi,

I have been having issues for the past week with Internet throttling, what happens is between hours of 19:30 till about 22:00 on 1 provider none of the sport channels will load it's just a black screen with blue buffering circle that you get on Tivimate, on 2nd provider it actually loads but buffers every 5 seconds and yes I do mean every 5 seconds, not throughout the day them channels work ok no buffer at all on any of the providers, I have been with EE for the past 5 months and never experienced this untill now. I am currently using free proton vpn service to try to tackle this but it isn't perfect as it still buffers not every 5 seconds but every other minute.

Does anyone know if buying 3rd party router would stop this? I am paying for 1 gig EE internet so that I can use this speed to watch iptv but if I need to use vpn then that connection drops to 100-200. Also can I complain to EE and say for example Netflix or Amazon Prime buffers during peak hours or is it just waste of time. Can't believe it only just started now after 5 months of being with EE. Any suggestion be much appreciated.

Hi,

I have been having issues for the past week with Internet throttling, what happens is between hours of 19:30 till about 22:00 on 1 provider none of the sport channels will load it's just a black screen with blue buffering circle that you get on Tivimate, on 2nd provider it actually loads but buffers every 5 seconds and yes I do mean every 5 seconds, not throughout the day them channels work ok no buffer at all on any of the providers, I have been with EE for the past 5 months and never experienced this untill now. I am currently using free proton vpn service to try to tackle this but it isn't perfect as it still buffers not every 5 seconds but every other minute.

Does anyone know if buying 3rd party router would stop this? I am paying for 1 gig EE internet so that I can use this speed to watch iptv but if I need to use vpn then that connection drops to 100-200. Also can I complain to EE and say for example Netflix or Amazon Prime buffers during peak hours or is it just waste of time. Can't believe it only just started now after 5 months of being with EE. Any suggestion be much appreciated.
You've answered your own question.
One provider doesn't work at all.
The other works intermittently.

It can't be your Internet otherwise nothing would work.

You've managed to get two crap providers, take 24h tests and find a proper one that works between 20-22pm

You've answered your own question.
One provider doesn't work at all.
The other works intermittently.

It can't be your Internet otherwise nothing would work.

You've managed to get two crap providers, take 24h tests and find a proper one that works between 20-22pm
Thanks for quick reply

I don't think it's the providers issue as they worked for the past couple of months. The issue I am having only started a week ago. I supposed it's a good idea to get 24h and see if it happens on new service. Thanks

Thanks for quick reply

I don't think it's the providers issue as they worked for the past couple of months. The issue I am having only started a week ago. I supposed it's a good idea to get 24h and see if it happens on new service. Thanks
Looking through your previous posts, you've been throttled with VM and also BT and now EE?
Have you not been removing the net nanny/safesurf settings on your broadband accounts?
These will stop you streaming at certain times unless you turn them off

Looking through your previous posts, you've been throttled with VM and also BT and now EE?
Have you not been removing the net nanny/safesurf settings on your broadband accounts?
Yes when I switched from Vodafone to VM. I had this exact issue I am having now with EE however with VM it was from day 1 so I cancelled the order in the end as I was with my cooling off period moved to EE and was fine for 5 months but now this issue is back. This is why I am certain this is EE related issue. I have switched safestuff off and made just EE didn't turned them back on and they are off.

Yes when I switched from Vodafone to VM. I had this exact issue I am having now with EE however with VM it was from day 1 so I cancelled the order in the end as I was with my cooling off period moved to EE and was fine for 5 months but now this issue is back. This is why I am certain this is EE related issue. I have switched safestuff off and made just EE didn't turned them back on and they are off.
Power off the router for at least 5 minutes then restart it.
Also, what device are you using for IPTV?
If android, it needs the cache clearing for the apps you are using for streaming

They won't oftern throttle below the minimum speed gaurntee which is normally more than enough for iptv

Have you tried your Phone's Wi-Fi?
Is that producing the same result?
Yes when using mobile data it works but again will buffer every 5-10 mins.
They won't oftern throttle below the minimum speed gaurntee which is normally more than enough for iptv
My minimum guarantee is 700mbps I don’t know what they doing but they doing something as problem goes away with vpn or using mobile data hotspot but by doing this I get a buffer every 5-10 mins so can’t enjoy the match like I used to.

Power off the router for at least 5 minutes then restart it.
Also, what device are you using for IPTV?
If android, it needs the cache clearing for the apps you are using for streaming

I am using firetv stick 4k got ethernet adaptor hooked to it and tried it with ethernet and without. I will try turning router off for at least 5 mins as I only turned it off and back on in matter of secs.
I have cleared caches restarted firestick and stopped all apps running in the background.

I am using firetv stick 4k got ethernet adaptor hooked to it and tried it with ethernet and without. I will try turning router off for at least 5 mins as I only turned it off and back on in matter of secs.
I have cleared caches restarted firestick and stopped all apps running in the background.
Flicking the power switch off and on is a waste of time, it needs a few minutes minimum

Or just reboot router. It takes about 10 mintues on virgin.

When I do mine have to do the mesh system aswell. But only once in a while.

Yes when using mobile data it works but again will buffer every 5-10 mins.

My minimum guarantee is 700mbps I don’t know what they doing but they doing something as problem goes away with vpn or using mobile data hotspot but by doing this I get a buffer every 5-10 mins so can’t enjoy the match like I used to.
Setup a BQM on the think broadband site. I think you're gonna have a colourful graph.

Does seem odd the op has the same issue with multiple isps . Have you had the same providers all this time ? @Kevinpug1

If there is THROTTELING ISSUE then what are the suggestion to avoid it. I am having the same issue after moving to new ISP Now TV. I am in the middle of contract and thinking to have new ISP.

Back