Internet Throttle

On Friday I spoke to my ISP EE, & told them that I had an issue with streaming eg watching youtube or twitch netflix etc. EE then "refreshed" my router and changed few settings on it, one of which was that my router will always choose the best channel for particular device or something like that. What ever it was it seem to done the trick as I was able to watch all Football over the weekend and last night.

I am using 2 iptv providers, 1 for almost 2 years and the other one just coming to 1 year and they have been excellent. I never needed to use VPN and will try to avoid using it for as long as possible. I knew this problem must relate to my connection as the buffer went away when connected to VPN or mobile data network however whenever I am connected to VPN or mobile data I would still get a buffer every 10 mins whereas now that everything is working I can watch full game without any buffering. This is why I am not keen on VPN's.

I am glad it's fixed now and If anyone has this issue in the future I would advise to speak to your ISP don't tell them you have problem watching illegal streams but streams like Netflix etc.

Thanks all for your help!

What VPN did you use?
I am with virmin and have had intermittent buffering issues and sometimes no streams usually when EPL is was on.
But as soon as I turned my VPN on the buffering stopped or the streams worked as they should.
When the EPL wasn’t on I didn’t seem to get buffering.
This happened with several IPTV suppliers so not sure if virmin were doing some kind of blocking but using PIA VPN sorted it.

What VPN did you use?
I am with virmin and have had intermittent buffering issues and sometimes no streams usually when EPL is was on.
But as soon as I turned my VPN on the buffering stopped or the streams worked as they should.
When the EPL wasn’t on I didn’t seem to get buffering.
This happened with several IPTV suppliers so not sure if virmin were doing some kind of blocking but using PIA VPN sorted it.
Just a free version of proton vpn (only allows you to connect to USA or Netherlands) perhaps that's why it wasn't great as it's free lol.

On Friday I spoke to my ISP EE, & told them that I had an issue with streaming eg watching youtube or twitch netflix etc. EE then "refreshed" my router and changed few settings on it, one of which was that my router will always choose the best channel for particular device or something like that. What ever it was it seem to done the trick as I was able to watch all Football over the weekend and last night.

I am using 2 iptv providers, 1 for almost 2 years and the other one just coming to 1 year and they have been excellent. I never needed to use VPN and will try to avoid using it for as long as possible. I knew this problem must relate to my connection as the buffer went away when connected to VPN or mobile data network however whenever I am connected to VPN or mobile data I would still get a buffer every 10 mins whereas now that everything is working I can watch full game without any buffering. This is why I am not keen on VPN's.

I am glad it's fixed now and If anyone has this issue in the future I would advise to speak to your ISP don't tell them you have problem watching illegal streams but streams like Netflix etc.

Thanks all for your help!
Good it's sorted, I thought you had the stick hardwired to the ethernet? The WiFi wouldn't affect it?

Good it's sorted, I thought you had the stick hardwired to the ethernet? The WiFi wouldn't affect it?
Yeah, it was only something I told EE guy so they would do something, Currently I got firestick hardwired and get a decent 250-300 mbps speed when tested on Actual firestick in network settings compared to 500-600 mpbs when over wifi, When I was having issues I tired it with and without ethernet as I thought maybe that 300mbps more would stop buffering but it didn't made no difference at all. But prefer ethernet connection so it's back to that now, I be looking to buy something with 1gig ethernet in the future as I don't like how I am limited to 300mbps on firestick and not getting full 900mbps lol.

Yeah, it was only something I told EE guy so they would do something, Currently I got firestick hardwired and get a decent 250-300 mbps speed when tested on Actual firestick in network settings compared to 500-600 mpbs when over wifi, When I was having issues I tired it with and without ethernet as I thought maybe that 300mbps more would stop buffering but it didn't made no difference at all. But prefer ethernet connection so it's back to that now, I be looking to buy something with 1gig ethernet in the future as I don't like how I am limited to 300mbps on firestick and not getting full 900mbps lol.
Lucky you can get that, I'm stuck at 80mbps , but everything works ok tbf. Got a decent mesh WiFi , I think helps.

Just a free version of proton vpn (only allows you to connect to USA or Netherlands) perhaps that's why it wasn't great as it's free lol.
Yeah don’t think that would help.
I have never used a free vpn as I don’t trust them and have heard they are not as efficient as a subscription vpn.
I connect my vpn to a uk server so I don’t lose as much speed.
I never get buffering when using it.
I have had buffering when I have been streaming large files over 90gb using Real Debrid.
But don’t really need a vpn when connecting to RD servers.

Back