Ipab build help

garyth

TK Veteran
Guys, this is for a friend....I don't use the build, can someone please tell me how to configure the box to scan cable channels

had a quick look and I can find what I'm looking for, normal procedure for cable is to disable tuner A and enable tuner B to dvb/c
where is the option to then enter a net id and furthermore to scan for channels
TIA, As I said I don't use the build so I'm working blind with a friend on this

Hi Mate did you try

menu
setup
service search
tuner config - tuner B- DVB-C
network ID -
frequency scan step size (khz) - 04101
scan QAM16, QAM32 etc > select all yes

Then go and run autobouquet :)

Andy, thanks for the reply. That's how I would do through autobouquets and scan. From my friends end there's no option as it goes straight to advanced abm and no option to scan. Could be op error though as its a first time install.

Ipab has a detailed document that needs following to a T.

yeah I'm on that now, seems an awful lot for setting up vm only lol. Just a quickie, have you released a vm only build. I think if I'm correct you needed both active subs for yours to work....just a thought

yeah I'm on that now, seems an awful lot for setting up vm only lol. Just a quickie, have you released a vm only build. I think if I'm correct you needed both active subs for yours to work....just a thought

My latest image for ATV6 can be used for cable only I have covered the vm only setup side in the guide

My pal set up his H2H box using sayers image if you want i can get him
garyth is asking about this for me (thanks garyth). I was just going to ask about the provider to scan as on mine the Virgin (6592) doesn't come up so should I try thr VM UK (exCW) instead?

Hi Mate

is that a typo am sure it should be 6952 and not 6592

garyth is asking about this for me (thanks garyth). I was just going to ask about the provider to scan as on mine the Virgin (6592) doesn't come up so should I try thr VM UK (exCW) instead?

I think this is the attachment to dsayers build and not ipad, am I correct before we get mixed up

Yea that provider to scan was removed not sure why. Just try exCW

I think this is the attachment to dsayers build and not ipad, am I correct before we get mixed up

The screen shots from my image but sholud be same for Ipab they just havent changed the guide to remove the old provider to scan that option was removed a few months ago on all atv images

Last edited:
Back