IPTV understanding

Sparky7ot

Hello.
I have a zgemma h2s box, I currently have a cline (from a member who has been banned). I have an external hard drive, memory stick and fibre connection (only get 10mg though at best).
Im ready to try out an IPTV subscription.

Before I go searching for a provider, can anyone please advise me if I will need anything else or tips etc?

TIA

I would ask for a free trial. There is a separate thread for this. Ask if you need a VPN due to the recent developments coinciding with the new football season. Hopefully, there may be a provider out there who can ensure that your viewing entertainment won't be ruined everytime there is a football match on!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I would ask for a free trial. There is a separate thread for this. Ask if you need a VPN due to the recent developments coinciding with the new football season. Hopefully, there may be a provider out there who can ensure that your viewing entertainment won't be ruined everytime there is a football match on!

Ok so what is a VPN and I don't want football to cause problems because I want to watch it.

Hello.
I have a zgemma h2s box, I currently have a cline (from a member who has been banned). I have an external hard drive, memory stick and fibre connection (only get 10mg though at best).
Im ready to try out an IPTV subscription.

Before I go searching for a provider, can anyone please advise me if I will need anything else or tips etc?

TIA
I have the same Zgemma and moved to iptv 3 months ago. The setup was not that difficult, I use Whooshbuild and was able to integrate all the IPTV channels into the existing epg using E-CHANNELIZER (a free program that your can download)

Everything changed a week or so ago at the start of the new football season and the advice you have been given about a trial and whether or not you will need a vpn is sound.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Virtual private network mate. The problem at the moment is that a number of ISPs have blocked a number of UK iptv servers meaning a blockage of all iptv channels which conicided with the live football on both Saturday and Sunday. The installation of a VPN to your box is meant to prevent this from happening... apparently!

Virtual private network mate. The problem at the moment is that a number of ISPs have blocked a number of UK iptv servers meaning a blockage of all iptv channels which conicided with the live football on both Saturday and Sunday. The installation of a VPN to your box is meant to prevent this from happening... apparently!

Hi Chris
Have been reading up on VPNs but haven't got around to it yet. Your word "apparently" is scaring me. Have you tried it yet, did it not improve things? Does the VPN protect everything connected to the router, or just the path from router to IPTV Providers server?

My provider told me today that a vpn would only work with a Android box ( not zgemma) but I think that is bull. There a lot of confusion and misinformation out there at present.

Let's use that word again "apparently" you can get vpn routers

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Hmmm time for another stupid question

- so am I right in thinking that you can get vpn either as a service (like Vanish IP) or you get a router with vpn capabilities and somehow set up a vpn via router configuration?

[emoji53]

Yes, have tested vpns on android phones and found they slowed down internet speed and the actual phones, others might not agree

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

if you try to use free vpn's they will be slow and rubbish. ipvanish and others of the like are fast enough.
you can get routers pre configured that you just plug into your existing and then use that to connect your devices, its not so easy with your current suppliers routers but if your lucky enough your vpn supplier can give you the details to apply.

vpn wont do a single thing for provider ip blocking
that's funny because on Saturday on perfect player with android connected to the router with normal isp provider the footy was blocked on the iptv server... I downloaded a vpn on the android and restarted perfect player and
the footy played... of course a vpn will stop ip blocks for the footy

Very true! I put a VPN on my Zgemma this weekend and managed to watch the footy.
Follow this guide if you want to know how its done
https://www.tech2guides.co.uk/how-to-setup-vpn-on-enigma2-openatv/

i'm been trying to install vpn using the above for the last2 days-lol without success, mainly because i'm shite with techy stuff but also because i'm using a macbook which is different to the instruction, also using filezilla. i'm stuck at the ssh bit as i've created the openvpn folder separately to etc but cannot delete or move it to add to etc. so i'm stuck here. all help appreciated thanks

that's funny because on Saturday on perfect player with android connected to the router with normal isp provider the footy was blocked on the iptv server... I downloaded a vpn on the android and restarted perfect player and
the footy played... of course a vpn will stop ip blocks for the footy

don't like to burst your bubble jagsy but iptv was unaffected on mobile devices tell me it cleared on an e2 box for you? and again I stress if your provider did not have vpn running in the first place.

Back