Is this a splitter or protection or boost

Majordj

Help,

As vm cable enters my house on the in side of the wall in a old cable and wireless casing there is a thing that looks like a splitter but not sure could be protection from the out side?

Its called technetic tris- 1002l fully isolated system outlet 5-1000mhz 0.4db

What is it I've put a pic up should I take it out and just join the cable together? As sometimes my HD glitches and I already have a splitter in the house further along this cable? IMAG0012.jpg

Look forward to finding out what this is

Isolator / Surge Protection

Probably best to leave it in place.

HTML:
https://files.technetix.com/pdf/datasheets/TRIS-1002L_05112012_final_v1_0.pdf

As for your splitter buy a decent one with decent patch leads like these, rather than the £5 splitter kit off Ebay

connect.png

How is the box connected to the internet, Ethernet, Homeplugs, WiFi ?

Last edited:
What spitter do you have further along the cable and how many cables are plugged into the splitter?
IMAG0005.jpg
Cables set up like this
Top is upstairs vm tivo
middle is wifi
bottom zgemma

Is that splitter ok?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

yeah that splitter is okay if it is a 5 -1000mhz, what coax cable are you using? always recommend using RG6 Coaxial Cable

What ever vm put in bud when they set it up some HD channels are black other glitch now and again other than that all ok. Normally only sports and movies

yeah I have a bit of interference now and then, only the internet goes off for 30 seconds.
Most channels are okay, try using only your stb only and keep tivo on standby (making sure its not recording anything).
try everything out then when you say glitches do you mean the channels freeze completely or is it distortion on the channels

Just distortion on the channels like black lines, I'll get a booster and try that and try not recording any thing on my tivo box see if that helps

yeah that splitter is okay if it is a 5 -1000mhz, what coax cable are you using? always recommend using RG6 Coaxial Cable
RG6 cable is copper clad steel (most of the time) your always best using a copper core tri- shielded cable. It can make a difference.

Last edited:
Yeah, couple of quid off Ebay.

How is the box connected to the router, Ethernet, Homeplugs, WiFi ?

Can you get good rg6 of ebay? Where would you recommend

You need tri-sheild copper core cable.
Do not buy copper clad wire it can make a difference to your signal.
That middle wire going to your router it copper core or steel?
You have to think like VM look at there cables, copper core? Or the cheapest cable copper clad from China??
If you use inferior products you will have problems no end.....

Last edited:
It's got 4 ports but only really 1 in use for the box and wifi

Hey Major, are you saying you have a 4 way splitter but you're only using 2 of the outlets?
No bud I've got a 3 way splitter one for rooter or for wifi and one for cable upstairs. That's what my rooter id using

Hey Major, are you saying you have a 4 way splitter but you're only using 2 of the outlets?
No bud I've got a 3 way splitter one for rooter or for wifi and one for cable upstairs. That's what my rooter id using

Exactly the same setup as myself, I run a Zgemma which I'm having minor issues with only on 1 or 2 channels, I can run a openbox v8 pro and an Amiko mini hd combo, same set up problem free.
So its without doubt a tuner issue, obviously the latter boxes even with the weaker signal perform better, I'm also changing my splitter, at the moment I'm using 1000mhz, can only try using the 2400mhz.
Then when all options are exhausted the Zgemma gets handed down to someone and I take the chance on another box, just a pitty the openbox and the amiko are very basic boxes

Exactly the same setup as myself, I run a Zgemma which I'm having minor issues with only on 1 or 2 channels, I can run a openbox v8 pro and an Amiko mini hd combo, same set up problem free.
So its without doubt a tuner issue, obviously the latter boxes even with the weaker signal perform better, I'm also changing my splitter, at the moment I'm using 1000mhz, can only try using the 2400mhz.
Then when all options are exhausted the Zgemma gets handed down to someone and I take the chance on another box, just a pitty the openbox and the amiko are very basic boxes
I'm getting a booster with 20db adjustable bud and ill replace this with my splitter and see if it works. If not no drama it works from time to time

Back