just one install

siilver

TK Veteran
i was wasting a bit of time there and i came up with the idea of

could you make a plugin that would install everything you needed to run a openatv system

so, i had a play and made a plugin that in theory would install

cacheflush
abm
epgimporter
softcam
kiddac slykhd skin
the skin with my mods
kiddacs epg bouquets tabs
@dsayers2014 epg numbers mod

so it did some what work but it didnt work

everything but softcam feed did install in some shape

but i can look at different softcam feed plugins and see if im missing something

the skin, skin mods, epg tabs and numbers work no problem at all

as for the other plugins they do install, but they dont show up in the uninstall plugins menu, so i dont think they will install
but its a bit of fun and a bit of a time waste.

They probably won't show in uninstall as you have them all in one ipk but if you uninstall the ipk it should remove everything within that plugin.

Maybe a preinst script would work better. Have all the ipk,s in tmp directory then have preinst install them. It's not something I've tried but should work. But then you'll probably been an prerm script to uninstall.

I have done the same thing with my settings backup for ViX.
All plugins in the feeds can be set to install as new, as part of the settings restore.
The ones that aren't in the feeds have to be just included in the tar.gz file but they won't appear in the uninstall menu then.

Maybe a preinst script would work better. Have all the ipk,s in tmp directory then have preinst install them. It's not something I've tried but should work. But then you'll probably been an prerm script to uninstall.

I will have to try that method when I get a bit of faffing time :(y):

Nice to see a bunch of vets trying to make everyones life so much easier or just an excuse to get out of household chores pmsl :(y)::grin:

I thought I could hear your brain whirring round. Abandon the painting, tell her it won't dry this weather ;)

Nice to see a bunch of vets trying to make everyones life so much easier or just an excuse to get out of household chores pmsl :(y)::grin:

I'm trying to make my life easier lol!
Pretty much cracked it now though, I can flash a new image and but my build on in 5 minutes now :(y):

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything is better than painting.
Good job the snow has left n.ireland. I would be run over going to work

See my idea was, when kernel updates come out and you have to start half fresh, thought it would make life easier for me lol

These are the things that get installed from new when I do a settings restore:

bash
wget
busybox-cron
packagegroup-base-nfs
packagegroup-base-smbfs-server
enigma2-plugin-softcams-cccam
enigma2-plugin-softcams-mgcamd138
enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-latest
enigma2-plugin-extensions-iptvplayer
enigma2-plugin-extensions-cacheflush
enigma2-plugin-extensions-dreamexplorer
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-abmcustommiximporter

I think stuff like Samba is already enabled on ATV so there would be no need for that.
The only other plugin I put in manually is Grog's Movie Organisor.

Mine are, pretty much in order

Cacheflush
Epgimport
ABM
Dsayers custom mix

Softcam feed

Kiddac skin modded ipk

And that is it

just thinking agents could make up ipks to install lines, as we know people have problems with that lol
but it would still case problems lol

The main reason why i joined this forum because theres a queue of people on hand to help out and i guess it becomes so addictive to some people to help others lol :(y)::(y)::(y)::(y)::(y):;)

but they dont want to learn, they want to watch and never worry
but it doesnt work like that
That is why the forum is full of the same questions being asked hundreds of time and the mods deleting and moving stuff as people will not read up on things ,Woosh and ipab have done some good stuff and made life easy for people

well this is my trying to learn, going in circles works for me lol

here is an idea i could put the ipks (abm and epgimporter) send them to root or somewhere
then go back to install local ipkand they should all be there

maybe

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup sure have and a lot of people just dont want to learn which is so frustrating
The truth for me is somewhere between Siilver, Moshibeth and yourself, people firstly want a build that does everything for them - Woosh, Grog, sayers, etc provide this for them. however, they then decide they want to change line provider, or change something, then they want to know how to do THAT specific thing, but they want someone else to do it for them.
Because They don't know a lot about the workings of the box, they can't express themselves using the words we all use, and it then becomes very frustrating for people to help them. They also (for whatever reason) can't follow instructions, making it frustrating for us.

If you come up with something that does it all Siilver, be prepared to
A. write a tutorial
B. answer a million times - "yes it is already in the instructions, point ....."
C. Reffrain from swearing at the punters who come out with doozies like "My electricity has gone off, using Siilvers magic, how do I solve that"

LOL

this is just for me, until i get some thing that works good, cant see it

i would have loved to have see a diyers sub forum, for people to mess about in and learn
but then you will only get the build users in asking question too

Back