kodi

great thanks for that I looked in download plugins but the kodi plugin is not there do you know how to update plugins cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look for kodi-lite. Download the IPK and transfer via ftp to your box or pop it on a usb stick and install it that way.

Last edited:
My apologies not used kodi on enigma2 for a long while but pretty sure there was a version kicking about a few years back that worked on most boxes with limited functionality. Will have a play around with kodi-lite in the morning see what's what. You could always try the e2iplayer or ts panel.

The H52S won't run the full Kodi, if Kodi-lite is still around it may work but it used to be very hit and miss. Your best option is E2 iPlayer as rpidemon said. The only thing it doesn't have really is live channels but that is what IPTV is for.

Zgemma H7 and H9 range will run the full Kodi and like Dave100 said, an absolute load of other boxes run the full version too.

I can confirm the Kodi-lite .ipk installs on a H2S, updates and runs but have not had chance to install or test any addons as of yet.

It's a newer model so I see no reason why not. As above all I did was install the ipk let it do a update and opened after that you are on your own testing wise so to speak :grin:

hi mine is a h5.2tc will it go on it ok
Kodi-lite isn't really Kodi at at so don't think when you install it you will get the real Kodi. It is an enigma2 plugin which will run on all e2 boxes and is called kodi-lite. It is text based like E2 iPlayer (IPTV Player) is.

Kodi on enigma2 is a different ball game. It is the real Kodi, not a plugin but actually loads a true version of Kodi including the graphics you associate with Kodi.

Kodi-lite isn't really Kodi at at so don't think when you install it you will get the real Kodi. It is an enigma2 plugin which will run on all e2 boxes and is called kodi-lite. It is text based like E2 iPlayer (IPTV Player) is.

Kodi on enigma2 is a different ball game. It is the real Kodi, not a plugin but actually loads a true version of Kodi including the graphics you associate with Kodi.
It certainly isn't the Kodi we know on other devices but I will certainly be testing it's functionality further addon wise.

Tested a few addons this morning but not getting anything working and box has rebooted itself twice :poop:

I used Kodi for years and it was very good but these days apps seem to get shut down all the time but with e2i player you never have to do anything as samsamsam keeps everything up to date for you and movies and tv shows you will get the same as what's on Kodi anyway.

I used Kodi for years and it was very good but these days apps seem to get shut down all the time but with e2i player you never have to do anything as samsamsam keeps everything up to date for you and movies and tv shows you will get the same as what's on Kodi anyway.
cheers for that

Back