Kryptview HD A850 Firmware

Hi guys, can anyone tell me where i can check for firmware updates for the phoenix hd a850? Ive got a glitch where i go into settings and set the screen rez to 720P, save it ok, then when i turn my box on again the next morning ive got to change the screen rez again. Im on version 1.0 firmware, whats the latest? Thanks

Budmonster

why are you changing the resolution ?no idea on firmware as its not posted,does it need a s/w update online? i presume you have a hdmi in use between tv and box?

I use my hd box through a 720p projector on hdmi, its supports 1080i but 720p is cleaner on this screen setup. Cant see anywhere to update it through the box, usb only.

as posted on other thread using the search,

As for the firmware its put on with a usb pen as below

format pen drive to fat32
put file on pen drive
turn power to box off
put pen drive into box
switch power back on
Quick flash on the screen will appear then screen goes blank
box boot's up again you need to get into menu and select Software Upgrade
press ok then your firmware will appear on screen
just press the ok button again
after the box reboots again it will ask for Cable scanning and after that its just like the old box.

Happy Viewing folks !!
thanks to box t

thought they may have have the s/w online update facility maybe not..

Last edited:
budmonster. apart from you prob do you rate this new box? and were you buy from? price? server any good? cheeers

£ 250 and reports say box is working very nicely,i wish some others would report on these boxes also,remember they are new and not widely availabe,and if you wish to buy from ebay selling at £350:whacko:go right ahead, tried google also?

hi guys just bought new box today having problems flashing box, followed cactikids tut seemed ok untill got to scan,areas came up as with a780 but could not select my or any other area just froze then box showed 5 on front and tv screen had vertical & horizontal lines.
Tried several times deleting pen drive files and doing factory reset eah time can anyone help cheers

Hi guys, can anyone tell me where i can check for firmware updates for the phoenix hd a850? Ive got a glitch where i go into settings and set the screen rez to 720P, save it ok, then when i turn my box on again the next morning ive got to change the screen rez again. Im on version 1.0 firmware, whats the latest? Thanks

Budmonster

dont power off box may be the answer,if you do it may go to default setting.

hi guys just bought new box today having problems flashing box, followed cactikids tut seemed ok untill got to scan,areas came up as with a780 but could not select my or any other area just froze then box showed 5 on front and tv screen had vertical & horizontal lines.
Tried several times deleting pen drive files and doing factory reset eah time can anyone help cheers
found this elsewhere for the hd box.
hit the red button on remote when network scanning, to stop it freezing, then select network, and voila all the lovely hd channels.

Thanks cactikid had to give it a try put hd box back on line held red button as suggested still same, trying to scan on telewest 131.00mhz 6875ksps 64qam as it starts to scan areas, lock suddenly comes on same line then freezes as before going bed now knacked will start over again with new pen drive and fat32 on it will let u know how i get on thanks for advise

Gents,

Does the box come with the software? I know you speak of flashing via USB, If I where to purchase one would the software to flash come with it? Or could someone pleasepoint me in the right direction.

Cheers

Stato

hi cactikid just to thank you for your help got new pen drive all sorted quality excellent even on sd channels. remote sh_t, record leaves record symbol in middle of screen & on playback symbol on screen only benifit is quality of image not worth £250 hope upgrades come soon to do channel sort by categories. channels all over the place wont let you do what it says if they had same software as a780 would be brilliant

hi stato box dosnt come with sofeware if you buy a box just follow cactikids tut on this thread above u shold be set up in no time, but see my comments about box

Thanks for that I think I understand, I Will go for one I think as im sure this box will be well supported. Channel sorting is a must I agree. I suppose getting the feedback is what is required so the software writers can improve, as they did with the A750, A780.

This is maybe a silly question but where do I get the file from to put on a FAT32 formatted USB stick?

Thanks

Stato

hi stato i just googled fat 32 file loads of sites free downloads just put usb pen drive in computer copy file job done

Bigcheese i note you said you got the files from google, WELL I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST THIS, unless you get the firmware from the seller or from a reputable source i would not be putting it on the box, as that file is not available for download freely as far as i am aware.

Maybe that is why you had so many problems with it, as for formatting a usb device you go to my computer right click on the device and format to fat32, only after doing that do you put the file on the usb device.

Any problems post back here and i will try and help if i can.

Thanks BoxT

Understand the formatting usb stick bit, It was the file to go on it I was wondering about. I have seen one on internet so will ask the seller before I purchase. If I get it up and running will give some feedback on here

Many Thanks

Stato

Thanks BoxT

Understand the formatting usb stick bit, It was the file to go on it I was wondering about. I have seen one on internet so will ask the seller before I purchase. If I get it up and running will give some feedback on here

Many Thanks

Stato

Can you send me the link to the software you seen on the net by PM so i can check it out, as i have said unless you get from the seller or a reputable place i would not put it on your box, at £250.00 a box i would not be taking any chances because if you brick it you will be £250 out of pocket as you wont have any comeback.

Back