Lincsat ViX4E2 Image for ZGemma 2S

lincsat

I have decided to share my "Out of this World" image for the ZGemma series. This has all the latest AutobouquetsMaker updates as of 8th Aug. If using on other than a 2S, you may need to change the tuner configuration.

I have loaded Cams with OScam as default, TSMedia, Kodi direct, Cache Flush and a few other plugins. Also includes my custom xml for sorting channels at 28e, just set your region in the ABM/Providers setting. Bouquets and CrossEPG have scheduled overnight updates.

Image is here:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/11oew29uvvncbn1srywdkofev3h6p5v6

There is a tut for loading a line to OScam here:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/63199jxv0ohra9eearb4h1tnr3alpyfo

It's on every box I sell and many others have downloaded from another forum - it really does work.

Hi Lincsat, there only appears to be 2 files in your image and maybe that's why this won't work for people. Needs to be another 3 files from an original image included?

The backup is created by a ViX backup and can be restored without even opening the zip using a ViX or other O-E flashing utility if you don't want to do it the old fashioned way.

Thanks for the effort.

But people prefer to do it the way they are used to by copying the files to usb then boot flash.

Why Vix image so many others available which are officially supported wouldn't they be better?

Would always prefer a usb boot flash.
If its that good why not pin it in the download section, with some more info. Like Sucmnsee and Mtpockets?

Would always prefer a usb boot flash.
If its that good why not pin it in the download section, with some more info. Like Sucmnsee and Mtpockets?

Come on guys. Give the lad a break. @lincsat provided this free of charge and no doubt after spending a lot of time setting it up. Just because you would prefer a USB flashable file, it doesn't warrant sneering responses.

Rant over.

That`s not a sneer!!!
It`s just an observation and my thoughts.
If he wants to share it , then I think more people would try it if was in the D/Load section.
That`s all
Ching Ching!!

Ching Ching!!

If you want to pay, then I'll put it anywhere you like

TBH, I don't give a damn if anyone wants to use it or not

Thanks for the effort.

But people prefer to do it the way they are used to by copying the files to usb then boot flash.

Why Vix image so many others available which are officially supported wouldn't they be better?

You can flash from USB if you like, I was saying that you don't have to if you don't want.

ViX4E2 is officially supported.

The backup is created by a ViX backup and can be restored without even opening the zip using a ViX or other O-E flashing utility if you don't want to do it the old fashioned way.

lincsat - that raises a question that was on my mind.
Your backup (like all backups created via the zgemma backup option) doesnt have the files "force" and "imageversion" included from what I gather, meaning people who are used to flashing via the file on a usb stick, resetting the box and sitting back and waiting ten minutes are scratching their head (putting those 2 files from any backup image in the zgemma/s2 folder will get them up and running).
But, rather than do that (bearing in mind how many people, myself included, have to low level their usb stick every time they want to flash), isnt it possible to just put your / any image on their usb stick / portable hd and go into menu, setup, vix, image manager, and press blue to restore the backup / image they have just downloaded?

You should be able to use any O-E image manager, including ViX to flash the image like you say. You don't need "force" to flash by USB either, just press the front power button when USB appears on the front panel.

If you want to pay, then I'll put it anywhere you like

TBH, I don't give a damn if anyone wants to use it or not

Thanks for the effort.

You can flash from USB if you like, I was saying that you don't have to if you don't want.

ViX4E2 is officially supported.

From what I have been reading this is not official at all it is a rip off of openvix.

I would of expected a vix person to comment on this maybe they have given up even looking at these forums

Last edited:
From what I have been reading this is not official at all it is a rip off of openvix.

It's not a rip off - they're using sources from Github which are opensource.

Although the team behind Vix4E2 claim it's supported it really isn't - you can't do any over the air updates. They have made sure it's not going to brick your box though just like Sucmnsee has with his Vix images (you could potentially still manage to brick by using opkg update & opkg upgrade!!). It grips me that Vix don't support the Zgemma but I kind of get where they're coming from.....

Thanks Lincsat - It's good to have a variety of builds on TK (y)

If you've tried to add to the downloads section but get an error about the moderator queue then pm HiTeck or Wheelo and they will be able to sort for you.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of using a custom channel .xml file? How do you update for example?

The ZGemma drivers are available on the O-E feed that OpenVix and others use, It appears that ViX4E2 decided to support the boxes although it appears that they have now withdrawn support.

There are various readme's for using the custom features on ABM, the custom xml I created adds a Local Channels and Irish Channels bouquet on the list, I've also added a hack to add a BT Interactive and ITV Region Bouquet towards the end, there is now a hack to also add a Timeshifted Channel group to the Bouquet list. You access my xml by using the 28e provider rather than Sky or Freesat.

I have also included an almost full set of matching Picons and there is enough space in flash for storing 28e EPG data, so it can be used without any USB storage. If you do have a USB device permanently connected, then from the EPG menu, you can change the cache location to the USB from flash.

I’d like to flash this image but I’m a little confused, I’m used to the USB in the back port way and I can see I need to grab the files ‘force’ and ‘imageversion’ from any other backup image I have, when looking at other older backups I have they have a ‘splash.bin’ file also which this backup doesn’t have, so do I need to add that to make this image USB flash?

Also if I can’t do that do I just place this complete zip file anywhere on my HDD then go into the image manager and locate the zip and resote?

Lastly, is oScam better then mgcamb? I’ve not heard of oScam before so putting in my N-line will be a different experience to what I’m used to!

Last edited:
Back