Lincsat ViX4E2 Image for ZGemma 2S

after Initialisation then computer not reconise usb. sorry not getting any where .whoud have easyer usb force install .

initialise usb in box and leave in box!! Then copy the files across to the usb (still plugged into your zgemma) using ftp (y)

after Initialisation then computer not reconise usb. sorry not getting any where .whoud have easyer usb force install .

Using the usb force way is easier and better/safer but this has not been posted that way so that is just how it is.

I do not see why you having so much trouble just follow what people are saying I posted up what you need to do and mtpockets has given you a simple clue FTP (filezilla)

You shouldn't need to initialize the USB at all. Just format to FAT32 as normal put the zip file on there, optionally in a folder called imagebackups and then insert in the box when it's powered up. O-E images recognize a device is connected and mount it as (usually) media/hdd/ If your existing image has TS Panel installed, this can mess with the Automount, that's why OpenPLi and others recommend that you do not install TS Panel.

ViX images have a device manager in the ViX menu, other images usually have a device manager available where you can manually mount the device if needed. Do not initialize though, that formats the device.

Last edited:
i still cant flash this

---------- Post Merged at 11:22 AM ----------

it keep telling me need 300 meg space i think

yes it wasn't straightforward, think i ended up trying a different USB drive and within a directory called imagebackup or something, I invoked this from within Vix , when it finished the box was just sitting showing "flsh", took it out and rebooted and it as fine. Image is fine just the vagaries of flashing that was an issue.

Youve prob been doing these longer than me so have to ask why save epg to internal if multiple rewrites are reported to shorten life of box?

Thats why ive always stored on external usb/hdd. Slower but safer I've lways been told. Cheers dude

Youve prob been doing these longer than me so have to ask why save epg to internal if multiple rewrites are reported to shorten life of box?

Thats why ive always stored on external usb/hdd. Slower but safer I've lways been told. Cheers dude

The EPG data is stored in the flash (or USB in your case) but is then loaded into RAM on boot. There is a setting to save data to flash every x hours, I usually go for 4-6 Hours but most of the reading is from RAM regardless of the permanent storage - hope that makes sense :)

how to ftp please .i entered key it clears ,when reboots than have to go in to meneu and start cccam again .

You would use a FTP client like FlashFXP, CuteFTP or DCC to FTP. If you're asking about making CCcam autostart, then in the softcam menu, disable the autostart for OScam and set CCcam to autostart.

Thanks mate good help .do i sttill need usb stic in to box all time . if yes just formate and insert .

You don't need a USB, you can use one if you like and then set the EPG storage to USB but it's not needed. I would suggest taking a backup when you get your setup done.

OK, am I being thick? I have put the two files in a zip on my HDD in the image backups folder. Went to ViX > Image Manager and it was there so I restored. The dialog box comes up saying please wait and has a countdown timer. After it is done, it just goes back to the manager with nothing changed?! I have rebooted and I still see sucmnsee's alien head with nothing different showing like on the pictures that were uploaded.

The EPG data is stored in the flash (or USB in your case) but is then loaded into RAM on boot. There is a setting to save data to flash every x hours, I usually go for 4-6 Hours but most of the reading is from RAM regardless of the permanent storage - hope that makes sense :)

I think you have missed the point reads do not damage flash memory writes do so having the internal flash write things like epg is not good in the long run so if you have set it to save every 4-6hr this will not do the flash memory any good plus I would expect these boxes to not use the best flash memory due to cost.

I have a H2 but as of yet have never connected the cable tuner.
Under sucumnsee's image, tuner B was shown in the setup and I was able to set it to disabled for the time being.

However, having sucessfully flashed this image, I no longer see tuner B in the setup menu, therefore cannot enable it.
Does there need to be an input on the tuner in order for it to appear in the Tuner config menu?

Back