Lincsat ViX4E2 Image for ZGemma 2S

I have a H2 but as of yet have never connected the cable tuner.
Under sucumnsee's image, tuner B was shown in the setup and I was able to set it to disabled for the time being.

However, having sucessfully flashed this image, I no longer see tuner B in the setup menu, therefore cannot enable it.
Does there need to be an input on the tuner in order for it to appear in the Tuner config menu?

All O-E images including ViX, PLi, OpenATV etc, detect available tuners in the hardware. It may be that you have a hardware problem.

how to get more plugins

Are you asking how to go into plugins and press download plugins?

how to get more plugins

Looks like ViX4E2 have disabled the plugin feeds for the ZGemma. You can change the feeds to a GigaBlue box and the plugin download list will populate although not all plugins may be compatible.

I have attached an archive of config files to put in the /etc/opkg/ folder

Attachments

• vix4e2-plugins.rar
    1.8 KB · Views: 37
All O-E images including ViX, PLi, OpenATV etc, detect available tuners in the hardware. It may be that you have a hardware problem.
Just re-flashed sucumnsee's image, and both tuners are once again shown and configurable. Don't think it's a hardware problem.

Will leave tuner B enabled this time and re-flash your image - see if it appears then.

Edit to add:
Having restored the Lincsat image once more, tuner B has again disappeared. Consistently present with sucumnsee image, consistently missing under lincsat image.
Guess it's just not suitable (in current configuration) for the H2 if you want to use the cable tuner.

Last edited:
got a zgemma h2 last week and installed this image works great thanks Lincsat much appreciated bit of a novice to these boxes only had a skybox before
what a difference :-)

I switched to this image yesterday and must say im impressed with the speed and look, I've configured a few screens slightly different and loaded my own picons etc but its easily the best image out there so far in terms of looks and speed.

A few questions I do have :-

In ABM im unable to be the default 101,102,103 regional channels to appear as HD versions, if I switch to the SlyUK option rather than 28E and keep the same settings these channels are all HD???

Will there likely be further updates available to the image? I understand Vix4E2 don't officially support the ZGemma any more?

I've added the archive plugins to the box but im still unable to get the plugin menus to load correctly.

cheers!

In ABM im unable to be the default 101,102,103 regional channels to appear as HD versions, if I switch to the SlyUK option rather than 28E and keep the same settings these channels are all HD???

Look in the HD first group, 1-4 are in HD. I've left 101-103 in SD deliberately as there are some local programs not on BBC1 HD and not every ITV region is in HD

I've added the archive plugins to the box but im still unable to get the plugin menus to load correctly.
I've put those plugin feeds in the folder here and now the downloads do populate fine for me

Last edited:
Look in the HD first group, 1-4 are in HD. I've left 101-103 in SD deliberately as there are some local programs not on BBC1 HD and not every ITV region is in HD

I've put those plugin feeds in the folder here and now the downloads do populate fine for me

hmm strange im not seeing the plugins then, I've unrar-ed them into that folder, rebooted etc but still don't see them?

As for the HD channels that's me being picky, I did see the HD group with them in but prefer them in their sly channel numbered order as I have all my areas channels broadcast in HD :)

Any tips for configuring Oscam with 2 nlines one as fall over if the other is offline?

thanks

Did you remove the old plugin feed configs 1st?

You can enter multiple readers in OScam, there are many options, I believe I have them set to read all readers and use the 1st to respond. You're probably best to enter the /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.server file to copy & paste the existing reader and then just change the server details to keep all the other parameters.

Did you remove the old plugin feed configs 1st?

You can enter multiple readers in OScam, there are many options, I believe I have them set to read all readers and use the 1st to respond. You're probably best to enter the /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.server file to copy & paste the existing reader and then just change the server details to keep all the other parameters.

I left the old files there and copied new ones over, I'll try deleting them all and see how I get on, seem to have a lot of freezing with Oscam, not getting it switching to Mgacmd, any other tweaks to do in the config worth trying?

Ok got the plugins to work by deleting the old ones, and added second line to oscam as described, thanks! just hoping to tweek the Oscam settings to stop the freezing up now

Been using the vix4 image for a couple of months now and think its the best for the zgemma at the moment pitty the plugins have been dicontinued by them but how about pulling the feeds from the openvix image for this box? and not having any compatability probs. 1 other great thing about this vix4 image thats not been mentioned is samba on it which means you dont even need a ftp client to transfer lines ect

Well ive been wanting a simple image to use on my box, so I have installed it this morning and have to say so far no problems. straight forward no messing about. couple of tweaks for my own personal preference regarding the epg settings,

I've done a few updates including the plugin feed download fix, updated OScam and the ABM plugin. New version is on the same link in post 1.

Been using this for about 3 weeks, love it, quick and smooth. Best by a mile, Thank you.

Lincsat do you have the the original untouched image as I cant seem to find one since they stopped supporting zgemma.

Back