Line disconnects after about9:30pm most nights

Looks like your net is ok, next then that you have eliminated your end is get a different line, either a test or a months sub and see if its different, if your stuck PM me and I will send you some people to try if needed.

What is the average capacity of a reliable run server?? Is there a way to check how many lines a server holds? Or is this something only the host can check??

If someone is sharing via a dreambox setup or similar, then the normal reliable connection limit is about 10-15 clients per white card, but if someone is using ubuntu server or similar with card readers with a few cards then the majority of sharing is done through caches and proxies therefore allowing more shares and very little load on the cards. Normally this is why n lines are more reliable than c lines as anyone with a dreambox (or most boxes nowadays to be honest) can share a line and often overload it. No way to check so try and stick with n lines or even see if any tk veterans can suggest any good c lines but I would imagine most will be using n lines.

It is also worth you running tests to your server it could be you have a bad connection to that one this does happen with some that use vps or their server is based abroad.

This is another experience I had it was not the providers fault it was just the ping/latency to their server was poor.

It's most likely your server overload get a test line it will prove if it is. You can still show online on the server and not have channels clearing so don't be fooled these free gifts.

So here are the results of trying a 72 hour gift using a different server:
Night 1 30/12/14- Very few issues, only a few popular channels showing scrambled from time to time.
Night 2 31/12/14- Didnt get to test as was out for new years
Night 3 01/01/15- No issues

Have requested one more test server so hoping to try this out.

Happy New Year peeps :nerd:

Back