MAG254 & Subtitle Problem

I cannot get subs working on a new mag 256. Perhaps the majority of re sellers and their streams don't have subs?

I cannot get subs working on a new mag 256. Perhaps the majority of re sellers and their streams don't have subs?
Press mode on your Remote control when you are watching a program and in mode scroll down to subtitles and you'll see the subtitles on or off

Press mode on your Remote control when you are watching a program and in mode scroll down to subtitles and you'll see the subtitles on or off

It works for me what provider are you using and some providers some time have it built in to there platforms in this case you cannot turn them off let me know what provider you have and I will have a look

I am with a provider who seems does not have it. i have tested another and no joy. I would rather someone point me to someone who has it :) ?

Hi I have three providers none have Subtitles built into their platforms
running 254/256 just the same with recording....some will let you others don't
Others instant catch-up on all major channels some-playback upto 100hrs etc your providers always hold all the cards so to speak?

Last edited:
Hi there to all - new to this forum... I have mag 254 and want to enable subtitles. When I press the “mode”or the “app”button on remote the only option I have under subtitles is “off” Is there somehow or somewhere to enable to have the option to turn on? Being hearing impaired is no fun for anyone else in the room watching if I have to have volume up loud enough for neighbours to hear! Lol thanks in advance

Hi there to all - new to this forum... I have mag 254 and want to enable subtitles. When I press the “mode”or the “app”button on remote the only option I have under subtitles is “off” Is there somehow or somewhere to enable to have the option to turn on? Being hearing impaired is no fun for anyone else in the room watching if I have to have volume up loud enough for neighbours to hear! Lol thanks in advance
Hey there it’s done at server and provider level that’s who controls it

yes the subs are part of the stream. if provider doesn’t have correct stream no subs. if subs are coming on by default that also can be turned off at provider end. if provider has correct stream and not set to on by default you can then turn on and off using mag remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes the subs are part of the stream. if provider doesn’t have correct stream no subs. if subs are coming on by default that also can be turned off at provider end. if provider has correct stream and not set to on by default you can then turn on and off using mag remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But there is no “on” option through mag remote only off... frustrating

Back