make one network with two routers

pieeater2015

TK Veteran
how do i setup my superhub and negear router as one network,so everything i connect will have an address like 192.168.0.? because the netgear at the moment is 192.168.1.?

routers essentilly work at level 3 of the iso layers and control traffic between networks, so you would need to make one in this case i think the netgear into a switch.

see if u can disable the WAN port on it and then put it on the same network as the superhub. i am not sure you can do the on a netgear as i have never had one.

you then need to connect them either by eithernet cable or a wifi bridge.

tell it where the dhcp server is (your superhub) and everything u connect to netgear will get the an IP address from the superhub.

you should be able to disable DCHP on that and set a static IP on it in the same range as your primary router
I take it you just want to use this as a router/switch, and not as a 2nd modem/router

Yes i want it to be a router/switch,So my hub ip is 192.168.0.1,my netgear is 192.168.1.0,On the netgear router turn DCHP off and set an ip on it like 192.168.0.2,should i check what ips are in use with other devices on the superhub first so i dont give it an ip allready in use

Yes i want it to be a router/switch,So my hub ip is 192.168.0.1,my netgear is 192.168.1.0,On the netgear router turn DCHP off and set an ip on it like 192.168.0.2,should i check what ips are in use with other devices on the superhub first so i dont give it an ip allready in use
set your superhub up to issue DCHP at [for example] 192.168.0.10
then you can set your static IPs at any number from .2 - .9
I have my DCHP set to start at .50 so I have lots of space for my statics,
I have 5 or 6 routers set up daisy chained in this way, and most everything in my house has a static IP

Back